Customer reviews

on 7 August 2001
I first used this book 14 years ago when I was an undergraduate studying psychology. At the time, I found it easy to understand because the worked examples were straightforward to follow and the way it is written uses exactly the type of language that I would use to understand something. I referred to Robson throughout my PhD in psychology to help me with the results section of my thesis. I now recommend this book to all my AS/ A'level students. It does not cover ANOVA or more complex statistics, so students would need another book for this kind of analysis. However, I still feel this book is quite simply the best introduction to statistics on the market. A classic.
on 17 September 2014
Arrived quickly (although courier company did not deliver to my address and I had to get it from the local post office, it did arrive quickly) Amazon's customer services were very courteous when dealing with me. The book is great and good for beginners to get their head around statistics!
on 15 May 2001
If you have problems with statistics then this is the book for you. This is an excellent, well written and easy to follow textbook. I have found this book a very useful source for my degree course. It is perfect for anyone who has difficulty understanding statistics in psychology. The step-by-step guidelines for working out results are very simple and easy to follow. It is full of very useful information for working out results, writing them up and analysing them. I would definatly recomend this book to anybody who is reading psychology at degree level as I have found it the most useful out of my other statistics books.
on 1 September 2011
Don't be shocked but actually this is a good read, and highly recommmended for stats students. I know it's out of date but the information is relevant.