on 19 January 2018
This is only of interest to hard core Twin Peaks fans who want to read everything associated with TP. It doesn't provide any insights into Laura Palma that we didn't know already at the end of series 2 (it was published at the end of series 1 and had some added value at that point). Basically, Laura Palmer started to be abused by BOB at age 12, by 15 she was a cocaine addict and sexually promiscuous, by 16 she was working as a prostitute in One Eyed Jack's, and by 17 she was dead. At the same time, she managed to convince her parents and most of the town that she was an ideal teenager, helping out handicapped Johnny Horne, delivering meals on wheels for old people and winning Girl of the Year in school. Whether keeping this extreme double life together is really possible for a 16 year old in a small town is questionable (but her parents at least didn't want to see the dark side of LP). Bobby Briggs and Leo Johnson play a big part in the diary, but they are different from in the series: BB is a serious criminal, supplying coke for the entire school, and even kills a man at one point (so how the hell did he become a police officer 25 years later in series 3?), while LJ is just as evil as in the series, but more intelligent. Anyway, this is well enough written and an easy quick read, so well worth the price of a cup of coffee if you are a real TP fan (as I am). Otherwise no.
on 26 July 2017
I am an avid fan of Twin Peaks and am really enjoying the return series,, it is even more bizarre and downright brilliant than the original, if that is possible. However, there seems to be something missing with this book. While i agree that it offers a fair amount of insight to the messed up world of Laura Palmer that we only knew a fraction of, there seems to be a lot missing and gaps that remain empty. Maybe this will be revealed in time but i was not overly impressed with it overall, sadly. A decent read, but not as good as it could, and probably should have been. I have ordered The Secret History of Twin Peaks, hopefully it will be a more satisfying read
on 28 October 2017
I absolutely love Twin Peaks but I just wasn't into this book. The formatting, etc. for Kindle was perfect, so no problems there. The book is well written and definitely gave more insight into Laura's character, but I think I just didn't feel that it was needed as I do not feel that it added anything to the show. I wish I could have enjoyed the book as much as the other reviewers, maybe I will if I re-read it at some point in the future as I will know what to expect.

For anyone who had not seen the shows and it's considering buying this (as I saw another reviewer did), it is not something that I would recommend you do. You will most likely not be able to fully enjoy, or even understand a lot of this book until after seeing the first two seasons of Twin Peaks.
on 2 January 2018
I've watched series 1&2 and the prequel movie FWWM four or five times over the years but have just come to this book. I can't imagine it being of much interest to anyone who has not watched the series and movie, it does not stand on its own feet as a novel and I don't imagine it was intended to. It doesn't bring anything significantly new in terms of information or plot development and indeed I believe was curtailed to avoid revealing spoilers on series 2. It's shorter than it's 190-odd pages may suggest,I read it in a couple of hours. Laura's decline into sexual manipulativeness and cynicism were also covered later in FWWM, the plot details differed but the theme was the same, Nevertheless the book is not worthless. Jennifer Lynch brings a female perspective on Laura and especially Laura's precocious sexuality that Mark Frost and David Lynch do not (probably could not) and the presentation of Laura's predicament is moving.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 June 2015
Once Laura's murder was solved in the TV show I felt empty as I really didn't want the story to end, so I decided to read Laura's diary so that I could get a deeper incite into what the girl had went through...
This book didn't disappoint, I got what I wanted from it, I devoured it because it was so interesting and it features some very beautiful poems and it is written in a way that you can imagine visually in your mind what is going on.
I don't recommend this book to anyone who is sensitive to bad language, horror or sex. As although the book doesn't go too in-depth in its detail,it is still rather erotic in nature.
I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the TV show.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 May 2017
If you liked Twin Peaks you will probably love this, another angle on the storyline - like watching another episode or three.
on 14 January 2016
After watching Twin Peaks as a teenager I never really understood what had happened to Laura and whilst this book doesn't say it does offer the,most graphic eye opening details into her life pre death. A must read for Peaks fans
on 7 August 2016
Brilliant and very dark I have always been a true twin peeks fan and can't wait for new series to start please give this a read if like me you love twin peaks very deep book and the insight to Laura's life sometimes it was hard to read because she was so alone no dolts with this book I am glad my diary isn't so bad as this give it a read u will love it all dark and strange just what twin peeks is fire walk with me
on 8 December 2016
Got this as a Christmas gift for my husband who is a huge Twin Peaks fan. It is a great tie in to the series and will make for a more I teracive experience when rewatching the series.
on 10 December 2014
It does what it says, it's the secret diary of Laura Palmer from age 12 to her untimely demise. It's well written in diary form and I could imagine Laura going through the events she writes about. A must for any Twin Peaks fan!