on 19 September 2017
Disturbing... Thought provoking. Fascinating story. You just can't stop reading!
on 15 September 2017
A beautiful, intelligent and infuriating book. The fate of one of the characters is revealed within the first two pages; it is not a thriller in the conventional sense.
The characters are sly, cunning, malicious, self-entitled...the list could go on and on; it has been a long time since I have disliked protagonists this much. However, it is captivating and I genuinely could not put this book down. It truly deserves its status as a modern classic, and I am already looking forward to my next Tartt read.
on 10 September 2017
Quite an engrossing read in parts, and the ongoing element of suspense kept me interested, especially during the first half, but I struggled with the amount of drink & drugs usage (and, as another reviewer said - not in a prudish way), and could not warm or relate to Richard, in particular.
on 9 September 2017
One of the best books I've ever read - keep going back to it time and time again
on 31 August 2017
Amazing
on 24 August 2017
The book fell apart - poor quality binding
on 22 August 2017
The story of students in America who make a BIG mistake and suffer the consequences. Very well written. Descriptive, well set, and a real page turner (if you are that way inclined). I enjoyed slowly reading the description of the people and places and trying to guess just where we were headed.
on 16 August 2017
Was damaged but did not hamper the readability
on 8 August 2017
Good read
on 4 August 2017
Fantastic book, one of my favourites. It arrived quickly and I'm really pleased.