on 9 September 2017
As a doctor not involved in the psychiatric realm, I found this book very insightful. It gave me more insight into others and myself. It is skilfully written with elegant prose such that you feel you are truly reading stories rather than a text.
on 15 September 2017
Oh Yalom,. My newly found literary hero! This book is a masterpiece! I literally preferred the conversations in this book to any that I was able to have in real life and got completely absorbed into these wonderfully executed tales of psychotherapy. Each one with its very satisfying psychotherapeutic breakthrough... such an enjoyable read. Who could have thought being a fly on the wall (in the therapists head) could be so compelling! Favourite book of the whole year!
on 4 June 2017
Essential reading...I first discovered Yalom in 1999 and have bought this book to read again for a trip to France. So much learning even after 15 years as a practicing therapist
on 25 June 2017
This was on the reading list of my counselling course. a very good read and easy to follow such an interesting book
on 7 July 2017
Brilliant and honest book, especially recommend for those who are thinking about/training to be psychotherapists.
on 17 June 2017
Brilliant book, absolutely enjoyable read. It is funny, sad, uplifting, heartbreaking, everything.... The material is not light, on the contrary it is packed with deep thoughts and life lessons yet it reads so easily. I flew through this book in hours, I only wish it had lasted longer.
on 9 August 2017
This was recommended to me by a friend and I also really enjoyed it.
on 8 September 2017
Oh how we humans can carry such crippling thoughts and behavious until carefully and precisely unpicked by a humane psychologist. Ever thankful for being the fly on the wall whilst the life dialogue of many clients is tastefully written so we can learn and understand ourselves more.
on 16 November 2016
Interesting, very interesting read. So glad I read that as it made me aware that it's ok to feel ' human' and 'imperfect' during the session with a client.
on 11 September 2017