on 15 February 2011
This book is very moving. It portrays her life and how hard it was for her. A must have for all her fans.
on 23 February 2011
Being a fan of the Miss Potter film, I was interested to see how much was truth or fiction. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Not a long read but still well written and kept my interest throughout. A good read!
on 2 February 2014
I must admit I had little interest in Beatrix Potter herself until I saw a film about part of her life as a childrens author. It made me curious to learn more about Beatrix and basically thats what this book does - it fills in the gaps the film left but also because the author was able to get access to some personal letters of Beatrix's the book gives you a greater understanding of her as a person from birth to death.
on 5 June 2014
I have been a Beatrix Potter fan since childhood and my curiosity was piqued again on a recent holiday to the the Lake District and I discovered this book....it's a must read for any fans out there! A very talented, resourceful lady who has left an ever lasting mark on the beautiful North Country. So glad I read it as the film is not a true reflection and this gives you a more factual insight to her life.
on 27 October 2014
A most beautiful book lovingly researched to make an interesting and delightful read. I shall treasure it and take pleasure in reading it again in the not too distant future. A very modern lady in the victorian world. Thank you for the excellent packaging and prompt delivery as always arriving in good time and condition.
on 19 June 2015
I re-read this biography while on holiday near Beatrix Potter's Lakeland home at Sawrey. It was written with Beatrix Potter's husband's permission fairly soon after she died, and tells more about her youth and her books than about her later life at Sawrey. It is, however, very interesting and good to read.
on 5 March 2014
Wonderful story of Beatrix Potter from her childhood to her death, with lots in between. Extremely well written and drwas you in to the life she had to endure as a child and as mature women. It gives a descriptive account of her maturer years as a farmer and wife. I loved it and didn't want it to end.
on 7 June 2012
A great read about a very talented lady. Great value for money. Much more info has come out about her in more recent times. A book you can easily read more than once.
on 9 September 2015
Having read about Beatrix Potter before , I found this particular book a bit boring, which is a shame as she was quite a remarkable woman.
on 1 December 2013
This book is great. Biography fans ( wrote a Charlotte Bronte Biography too )A very good writing style.often missing nowadays. Ep