Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 14 December 2009
I feel a little bad writing this review as it's one of the first negative ones I've written. The book is a weighty tome, packed with content. I couldn't wait to get stuck into it. Sadly I was disappointed.

The author is very obviously an intelligent and very experienced Salesforce consultant and I have only respect for his work. I think the issue lies with his ability to transfer all of that knowledge into a single book. I found the text repetitive and long winded. I also found that it lacked a coherent do-this then do-that formula.

Lacking from the book are real world case studies, screenshots, diagrams and reference tables.

If you are seriously considering adopting Salesforce, I would skip this book and instead spend time working through the training materials on Salesforce's website. The book does spend a lot of time talking through project/stake holder management and their are quite frankly better books on the market.

Apologies to David Taber for the less than positive review. My feedback to the author would be to trim down the copy, condense the amount of time spent on project management and seperate it into it's own chapter with references to other (better) books, and then finally to work with the publisher and an illustrator to create more diagrams.

David Sealey