on 26 October 2017
Good book, arrived very quick.
on 5 October 2016
Product came within a couple of days in brilliant condition, modest description and fast service, also very reasonable price, very happy, thank you!
on 23 April 2015
Very very good condition and very cheap. Costs me AUD24 including shipping. I should have paid >100AUD for brand new in Australia which I don't have to.
on 6 March 2017
well written
on 9 July 2010
I needed this for my uni maths module, I study electronic engineering. It solved all the problems I had, good book and a fair price.
on 23 May 2015
Extremely helpful
on 6 September 2010
I have just completed my first year Electrical and Electronic Engineering which contains a year's module of maths. We were told that we had to get this book for our course because the lecturers give us questions to do from the book. Later, I found that one of the co-writers of the book was professor of my university!

Personally, I think the book is terrible. The main reason I say this is because it will go through a example and it will miss out what I would call key step which it assumes you already know. This made my life very hard when using the book, understand topics because I was forever trying to work out what had been done! Another problem with the book is that there are too many words trying to describe things which for me just confused me more. I wish authors would just print annotations in their books as it would be far clear and make it easier to understand! The upside of the book, it has loads of examples of varying difficulty and does contain all the topics to even more detail needed.

Later on in the year, I bought Engineering Mathematics by Stroud. This book was an almost perfect book as it assumes nothing and is very well structured. Unfortunately, it didn't cover all the topics in enough detail for my maths which was a bit of a shame.
on 18 April 2009
The main advantage this book has over others is that it explains everything from first principles, and does not simply state rules without backing them up with fundamental algebra. I can understand the criticisms of other readers in that the author assumes a prior knowledge of the various subjects and so does not cover in depth how to answer examination style questions. What this book does do however is explain concepts that were taken for granted at A-Level and acts as an excellent companion to university lecture notes to explain in detail what is actually going on.
One further criticism I might add is that this book does not cover the convolution integral and heaviside step and impulse functions which are important in a course on electrical engineering.
Overall an excellent text for anyone who needs a more thorough understanding of a topic to answer the more searching questions on exam papers.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 November 2009
This was the book I required for my course hence I chose it. I contains great information and is well structured. The book itself is slightly bulky but not too tall or wide. It's slightly heavy as well but in my opinion it's reasonably sized to carry in a rucksack to lectures without having the weight or size problems of some huge text books around.
on 4 January 2009
As a current Electrical & Electronic Degree student I can say with some authority that this book is excellent and invaluable. I am not a natural mathematician, I own Stroud Engineering & Advanced Engineering maths both which teach the basics in an excellent structured way. My problem is however that my course requires knowledge which simply isn't covered in Stroud's Advanced Engineering Maths. Or where they are, more advanced worked examples are not shown. This book gives plenty of advanced worked examples and most usefully teaches how to use Matlab to verify your answers! An assignment life saver!!
5 people found this helpful