Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 April 2017
Good book
on 24 June 2005
This book is an user friendly, concise workbook to guide you throught the ECDL. It provides step by step guides through processes, and is easy enough for a complete novice to work through. However, I have found a few mistakes in then printing which could slightly confuse a beginner, and have been unable to look up some items covered in the ECDl syllabus 4. Overall a good book to back up the course, but with some slight holes.
on 10 September 2009
I am glad I found this book on Amazon as it is a great supplement to anyone doing the ECDL on-line tuition course.

I am an ECDL student (I will not mention which company) and I was seriously stuck with the section on 'databases'. I was frustrated, and with very little help afforded by my tutors I decided to purchase a few books on the subject of Access. However the other books were a waste of money as I found them to be for the more advanced Access database builder/operative.

Since I purchased this book I've learnt more than was expected on this subject and fine detail, which is not explained on-line.

This book - although I did notice a couple of printing errors - is explanatory and simple-to-follow. It explains the 'hows' and 'whys.'

I was pleased with the style as it is written in lay-mans terms - which is great for a novice like me, and so far it seems to take you through the entire version 4 syllabus. I am also How to Pass ECDL 4: Office XPhappy that this book has taught me enough on the Access subject to actually build a small database of my own!!!