on 3 May 2013
after being a biker for 40 years plus, I still found some points of interest in this book, and some things I will try, worth reading just to remind oneself of basic common sense that can be forgotten or taken for granted
on 24 August 2015
Bought this as prep for my son to undertake his bike test. Having ridden bikes for 35+yrs and not looked at the DSA bike test for most of those, I was genuinely impressed at the content covered in this book and the detail provided. My back ground is as a life-long, all-weather year round motorcyclist and the last 12yrs an IAM and RoSPA advanced skills instructor. So I am very familiar with all the advanced riding skills books, theory, discussion and so on, and was impressed with this guide as said.The best training though, as with any potentially hazardous activity, is not just to be able to pass a given test, but to to gain all the right skills to be as good and safe as possible. So this book is part of the bigger bike riding skills picture, and used in conjunction with a course or scheme that goes beyond the basic DSA test and covers all the necessary scenarios for real world, every day riding, is still the ideal to aim for.

Recommended as an introduction to motorcycling and how to achieve the best safety/fun compromise; you ride a bike to enjoy yourself after all! But please do look further than just the DSA test.
on 1 January 2014
This is the only tool you'll need for your theory test. The book provides a great level of detail but also keep the information chunks short, clear and any crucial points are highlighted.

I have been driving a car for nearly 3 years now and I assumed that I'd be able to do the bike test without having to purchase the bike but I am SO glad I did as there are countless differences in priorities ,safety risks, maintenance and much more. Rest assured that this book will give you all the information necessary to pass the multiple choice part of your theory test. I achieved a near perfect theory score with this book alone and would greatly recommend it to anyone.
on 19 February 2014
Really liked the clear and easy to read layout of the whole book, with useful pictures too. Good emphasis on the OSM/PSL procedure, it's very important! As an inexperienced rider reading this book has increased my confidence and knowledge in riding safely. A very worthwhile, even essential, read.
on 11 August 2014
Great book, easy to read and thought provoking. You can never stop learning or at least revisiting especially with motorbikes. I especially rate the authors style of dipping in and out of the highway code to refresh you.
on 7 July 2014
Excellent book with all the required knowledge to get you on the road. Clear layout and easy to follow, it's been very useful to getting me prepared for CBT, Theory test and on the way towards MOD 1 and 2
on 17 December 2015
Used this when doing my Direct Access course and whilst there are some good tips it is fairly basic. I also purchased "Pass the bike Test" by Sean Hayes and would recommend this over the DSA guide to riding. Once you get passed the obvious plugs for their riding schools, it's a more enjoyable read, more useful and also covers important areas that aren't needed to pass your test but arguably should be (like counter steering).
on 15 June 2013
This is a very good book, This book covers everything needed to ride a motorcycle, would recommend to a friend.
on 4 September 2014
A good revision for someone like me coming back to riding after several years. But it's more of a Highway Code refresher rather than focusing on specific best riding techniques. Good for learners, that's for sure.
on 15 July 2015
Good book for learning to ride and reference if unsure later. I did find that in some points it taught differently to my biking school though, but this is the official book...