on 5 July 2013
I bought a CD for my first exam and I failed it! I bought this book for the 2nd theory exam and thank god I passed it! Really helpful and gave me most of the answers I need for the theory test! I would Recommend it to those who wants to pass the exam.
on 20 April 2015
Remember, if you want to pass your theory test at least revise this for two weeks to avoid stressing last minute!
My driving instructor recommend this book to me and i revised for two weeks and passed! You will defiantly pass if you read this book because it is split in to sections and also gives you tips and questions at the end of each section!
I was surprised that i passed second time, i used the DVLA 13' CD before but it wasn't for me! Definitely If the CD don't work, i recommend with book! Also try getting a App on your phone!
To pass your theory, you need to have knowledge of how the car works and Definitely Have read and absorb information from the high way code!
Also remember to practice the hazard perception.
This book it worth it because it sections out different topics, you will not get confused and stressed, takes a little time. Day by day read and test yourself and you will pass!
on 20 March 2016
This book was a great help while I was studying for my theory exam. The material is divided into easily manageable sections, with each having a short introduction covering the basic theory and giving some additional guidance as well. Then, there are the questions, which cover the theory introduced within the prologue, as well as others, which forces you to think. Right beside each question there is a section of the HC cited, giving some background (and often the answer itself), which helps one to understand why any given answer is the correct one. The book contains also a lot of useful tips (both for the exam, as well as the future). All of the answers can be seen at the very end of the book, colour coded according to their respective sections, which makes locating any given answer a breeze.
The only negative I could find, was that the multiple choice answers to the questions don't have any kind of numeration scheme to them - there's only a small box next to each answer allowing the user to mark the correct one.

All in all a great book, I went through all of the questions once and was able to pass easily.
on 15 May 2017
This book along with the official app most definitely helped me pass my theory first time round. As they are the official ones you have all the content you may see when doing your actual test. The information is easy to read, mixture of visuals and text to essentially learn and then test yourself throughout each section.

Anyone thinking about doing there theory - get this book seriously. It's not the lightest thing in the world but worth keeping with you and test yourself regularly. :)
on 22 March 2016
Does exactly what it says on the tin...that will be the product description in this case. Very informative, a must for every inspiring UK driver.

Good price compared to other places.

This item arrive promptly and in perfect condition so it was packaged well.

Please note, that this is a necessary purchase if you are going to plan to take your theory test soon and then learn to drive thereafter. However, if you are not going to be doing these things anytime soon you should wait until you are as this book could be out of date by then as they are always being updated.
on 20 June 2016
Passed my theory test first time after getting this book. Took it in 2016 so even though it was an older version of the book it didn't seem to be out of date for my test. However, don't hold me to that!

The book is easy to follow and well laid out, the only problem I found was many concepts were repeated again and again which I found quite annoying, but I suppose it's just to ensure the reader understands.

Ultimately I can't say anything bad as passed my theory after reading this within a week.
on 24 July 2016
I bought this for my hubby to study and he passed the exam after the first try. Good book for this purpose, speedy delivery too. It is well designed to make studying interesting and not too difficult. The book is printed on a high quality paper which makes it pleasant to read.

This seemed to be the best product on a market, so we were happy with our purchase. We later sold it on to another learner driver.

Highly recommended product if you are getting ready for your driving theory test. Good luck in your exam!
on 13 November 2014
The book is excellent! It provides much of the info you need. It has snippets of critical info but not all!
I would strongly suggest to study the "The official dsa guide to driving - essential skills ", "Know your signs" and then "The highway code". This test book has questions from all these 3 books and it will prepare you for the test. The questions are almost identical with the ones from the real test and more important, it gives you a good opinion on what to expect on the test.
For your success, you might as well check the internet for free theory test mock.
Good book, it helped me a lot to pass my test and also gave me a lot of more info even if I had studied thoroughly the other 3 books previously. 50/50 although on my test I had a question which i had to guess the answer by logical elimination: ECS (Electronic control of stability)
on 4 May 2016
This boom was extremely helpful when practicing for my theory test. Just on personal preference I would say to use both the book and dvd however for people that learn by reading and are visual learners this book has the potential to be brilliant on its own. I managed to pass my theory the second time, only failing by one point on the first go and so proved extremely useful to me.
review image
on 19 November 2016
Really useful book to have when learning to drive. I would also highly recommend getting the DSA theory test app in conjunction as you can practice at convenient times where you need to kill some time.