on 20 August 2016
This is great to help you with theory test. The previous version of this was a bit dated. This one has been updated and you can very easily study all subjects one by one- you tick every section that you have read, so you are able to stop in middle and know next time where exactly you left off. It also gives you all theory and theory questions in percentages- so you can see how much you have done, what you need to study more. And you have the chance to try the theory test.
The hazard perception disc is also good so you can understand how the test works. You can try out a few clips to see how the scoring works.
All this helped me to pass my theory test on the first go!
VINE VOICEon 22 November 2012
I have to give it a positive review as I passed the theory test with 50 out of 50 for the multiple choice section! (TWICE!! - There was a fire alarm first time and I had to do the test again!!)

However, some aspects of the CD-ROM were a bit disappointing. When attempting the practise questions after reading about the separate topics, random questions were asked that hadn't been covered in that section and weren't covered until I got to topics further down the list, which I thought was a bit cheeky.

Also, the "explain answer" section was a bit useless. A lot of the time the link took me to other items that I could buy (which defeated the object of purchasing the "complete" test kit.) Or the explanation didn't cover the answer so I wasn't any wiser. This wasn't always the case, but it happened enough for me to be annoyed by it.

The perception test could have been a bit clearer too. The information leading up to a practise test was all very helpful, I was just very unsure of when to click on a hazard. On some of the practise clips I scored zero.

It is clear and very easy to use and covers everything you need to know contents wise. It is easy to install and takes seconds. I would recommend this product, just make sure you cover all the topics and attempt all the questions.

Good Luck!
on 13 May 2013
All this helped me to pass my theory test on the first go!
on 14 June 2012
I passed my theory test on Tuesday and used this as my learning tool. I passed first time (47/50 on questions and 60/75 for hazard perception).

The multiple choice questions are fantastic, you can study sections, then test yourself on those sections then do mock tests. i took 14 mock tests and passed 13 of them so the format really lets the information stick. I would say 80-90% of the questions i studied in the mock tests appeared exactly as they did on the real test. so this portion gets 5/5

The hazard perception is a joke. It doesnt give you a mock test, it doesnt tell you pass marks. The DVD sections are terrible dated (i swear i saw one car at least with a manual choke!) and it all needs a bit of modernising really. I couldnt understand when i was getting 0/5 on one video clip after getting 5/5 the previous attempt at it as it doesnt explain what you did wrong, just what you should have been spotting. What the DVD doesnt explain is how you are expected to click, luckily this all gets explained clearly in the actual test. So i would advise using this section to get a general idea of what the hazard perception test is like, but you cant use it to try and try again like you can with the multiple choice. This portion only gets 1/5

My advice would be to get just the theory test CD-Rom on its own (if possible) and then research other ways of practicing your hazard perception.
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 22 April 2012
The complete theory test kit comes with two DVDs - one for preparation of hazard perception test and the other one for multiple-choice questions part of the theory test. While there are several positives to these DVD's, the hazard perception DVD leaves a lot to be desired. Read on for details...

The first of the two, multiple-choice questions including case-studies, is an excellent study material from DSA. It includes everything one would desire of. It even includes a digital copy of the most up-to-date highway code and references to it extensively. More than that, it includes study notes and performance analysis tools. In short, for the first part of the test, this is all you need to have.

But for the second part---hazard perception---the DVD is fairly limited. There are only a handful of clips to practice on. Once you have done all the clips, you feel still unsure of what to expect from the real test. For this part, I would recommend getting the "Driving Test Success All Tests 2012 Edition." But if you are going for the "Driving Test Success" DVD, you might get everything you need from that DVD, and hence don't need the official DSA theory test kit at all.
on 12 August 2013
I bought this when my son was about to take his theory test. It arrived on time and in perfect condition. It allows you to study topics and then tests you on that topic. You can go back to study that topic at any time. It also allows you to take mock tests. The hazard perception is also good but once you have worked through the videos once you know what's coming. It incorporates the highway code if you just want to read through it or look something up. My son passed with flying colours on his first attempt. Definitely worth the money. A good product.
on 25 April 2012
The questions are all there and the DVD is really helpful for the multiple choice section of the test but that's where the positives end. For some reason my DVD for the hazard perception is called 'Mr Bean Complete Collection' for some reason (dodgy??) and is too blurry for me to actually benefit from it! I cannot easily navigate the DVD either. The multiple choice DVD is usable, but after every practice section I complete, it comes up as 'not responding' and I have to wait ages until I get my results. Not very happy in the slightest! It may be just my DVD but I will buy from a verifiable source in the future such as WHSmiths or the likes of.
on 25 February 2013
The theory content installs as an application on your computer, the only annoying thing is that it requires you to insert the disc while you want to use it. Content is useful though, I bought the book to learn from and this to do the theory mock tests and mock hazard perception tests. Theory tests are varied and very good but I wish there were more hazard perception tests because there were a limited number and that's it, you can do them all again but it'll be the same ones every time. But otherwise good, especially for the theory mock tests.
on 26 December 2012
It must be said that this product does give students a good idea of what the theory test will include but it seriously lacks in hazard perception practice. A single test does not sufficiently prepare some people for their hazard perception test as in general they are not used to it. The theory part however is good, the product arrived within good time and well packaged. I only used it twice maybe three times so the price paid I wouldn't say is great.

I passed my theory test first time but I found I used a free online app provided by my Surrey Libraries, this was much more useful and covered everything this CD did but for free.

I'm disappointed mostly at the hazard perception practice, the theory element was good but not great. Overall the DSA makes plenty money off people taking their tests, I just don't understand why they needed to make a mediocre product that doesn't help as much as it should to get people passing.
on 17 April 2012
Following this studying format, you know exactly how much of the information you've absorbed, and you go into the test KNOWING whether or not you will pass. You want to save money? STUDY MORE - it's simple. If you do well on the disk, you will do well on the test.

The hardest part of the hazard perception in the REAL test is that if you click a lot they cancel your score on that clip - the hazard perception on the disk doesn't do that accurately - so you have to be careful. Don't overclick - but more clicking is generally better.

See one answered question