Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 18 March 2017
I'm really pleased with this very informative book and would urge all motorcyclist to give it a read
It came very quickly by post and was at a good price
on 31 December 2013
Great reading for all motorcycle riders from experienced to beginners. Proper professional advice for all with easy to follow guidelines to all aspects of safe motorcycle riding. Will help to keep you safe on the roads.
on 27 March 2017
will enjoy it more when i an able to get back on the bike
on 20 April 2017
great book the must for all riders
on 15 April 2017
Fabulous 😀
on 28 September 2000
The techniques learnt from this book have saved my life several times.
You've heard the "it's not you, it's the other bloke" warnings?
This book is all about how to be somewhere else when "the other bloke" makes his mistake.
on 12 July 2001
The first book anyone should buy before or after passing your driving test. Its a bit dry in contents but its easy to follow and all good stuff. Don't let the Police bit put you off.
on 7 October 2004
I bought and read this book before passing my test, and having passed it I return and re-read it occasionally. So far it managed to keep me safe on busy London roads! The book provides you with clear, concise instructions on how to ride quickly and safely. Recommended.
on 7 November 2000
always thought this book would be too square and dull but how wrong could I be. fascinating and interesting and has already saved my life by reminding me to always 'lifesave'...
on 2 September 2009
Would probably describe my riding as intermediate, so room for improvement.

I found no earth-shattering revelations in this book. However, some of my riding (and driving) is probably a bit ad-hoc, so adopting a more systematic approach to riding will ultimately lead to an easier, smoother, faster and more enjoyable experience; and that's exactly what I'm after. Devoting less conscious effort to the mechanisms of riding and hazard perception/processing means I can spend more time just enjoying the scenery and so forth.

I have a dreadful habit of over-thinking just about everything and getting myself tied into knots. I've been using the system described in this book for a couple of weeks now and already I'm more relaxed and probably quicker on the bike than before.

I'm old enough to realise that the most dangerous thing I can do on my bike is be arrogant and assume I know it all, and that to be told what to do is somehow a compromise to thinking it out for yourself. This book does not provide all the answers; what it does do is give a really solid framework that lets you deal with the real-world problems of riding a bike. Being observant is only part of the problem (e.g. spotting the 'idiot motorist'), to avoid an incident we still need to react, and do so quickly and without hesitation. There are often too many choices to work through when deciding how to react to a hazard, so the system speeds this up.

This book has got me thinking far more actively about those things that I probably take for granted, like assuming people obey the rules of the road. It's all very well saying after the event that "I rode perfectly, it was the other guy's fault" but I'd rather not be doing that from a hospital bed. SO READ THIS BOOK - it's folly not to.