Customer reviews

on 22 July 2017
Thanks
on 14 February 2004
I bought this book to support the 'Island home' topic in Year 2. I showed it to my class and they loved the stories, poems and recipes. I would recommend this to Year 2 teachers.
on 6 March 2012
What a delightful book! Perfect for three year olds, but one they'll return to again and again.The story is timeless and beautifully illustrated, and I highly recommend it. There's nothing gimmicky or brash, it's a gentle but absorbing read. I think we'll be getting all the others and Katie will become a family favourite.
on 4 June 2010
Great simple stories that my wife and I love to read to my daughters who are aged 6 & 3 as they listen and like to join in.
on 25 February 2000
This is a charming book with beautiful illustrations of the fictional Isle of Struay. There is a wonderful map of the island, a family tree for Katie Morag, songs and stories. My children were charmed and are now completely hooked. The illustrations really make the book. It is good value for money.
on 10 March 2009
my daughter really enjoys these books as she does them at school, the stories are just short enough for sa bedtime read.
good stories for 4 to 8 year olds
Katie Morag's life on the Scottish Isle of Struay is the basis of this book. The joy of this book and others about Katie Morag, is the account of a life which is set in a landscape so different to the city , yet which still relates to the same kind of issues children face everywhere.
The illustrations are just great, and get better with every read - there's so much to see on the Isle of Struay.
I love the way Katie Morag's mum is invariable furious with something, and the competitive grandmas!
on 23 June 2012
I bought this, along with a similar companion book, for my graddaughter, Maddie, who is just 6, and is just starting to read seriously. The Katie Morag books were suggested by her parents, and I must say that I know now that she is enjoying working her way through them.
on 1 June 2017
Katie Morag is a brilliant story and the pictures are really beautiful. I love all Mairi Hedderwick's books. Very funny, beautifully observed and wee people love them...
on 3 February 2013
I have found the Katie Morag Big Story Book to be an excellent teaching resource. It meets the Primary curriculum and has great stories and poems to describe the Isle of Sturay. The pictures are wonderful too. The children have really enjoyed the book so far and so have I and will continue to do so.