Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 April 2016
While this was an accurate picture of the writers experience and gives a vivid impression of the situation in Zim ...... I am sure I thought it was very very similar to books like I Know Where the Caged Bird Sings. However the writing was lively and it raises a valid point, can you change a country if you leave it.
on 30 June 2017
A good read written with charm - the story glides along and takes you with it.
on 22 May 2017
Could not put this book down, beautiful writing style that was descriptive, giving sounds, smells, tastes of Zimbabwe without being overly heavy. It had a wonderful way of showing the way children view situations as opposed to adults. Cannot recommend this highly enough!
on 22 July 2017
What can I say I loved this book. Loved the characters, loved the plot, loved the use of language, loved the fact that I was being educated, experiencing situations from a completely different angle. Just loved the entire package. Sublime.
on 10 June 2017
I have lived outside of Zimbabwe for 6 years and have felt many of the same feelings that Darling describes. Fantastic book. Makorokoto!
on 12 March 2014
Enjoyable and a quick read.
Written from a young girls perspective who goes through extreme changes in lifestyle - insightful and humbling.
on 21 July 2015
Bought his book for a friend who lives it very much.
on 10 June 2017
I bought this for a friend and he loves it
on 7 July 2017
Laughing from page one! Love it!
on 16 January 2014
I enjoyed this book so much that I have been buying copies for friends. I want everyone to read it.