Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 May 2014
This is a good story but be aware that it was first published in 1996 under the name of Judith Saxton. I read the first chapter of what I thought was a new story and realised I already read it. Very annoying and waste of money.
on 2 July 2013
good reading kept me guessing till the end. Found the split stories quite entertaining. I can recommend this novel to anyone
on 8 August 2014
I really enjoyed this book.
At first I didn't know how it would tie in with the tale in Australia , (which was a good tale in itself )but of course
it all came together in the end.
I couldn't put it down and was reading it in any spare moment I had.
The only thing I hadn't sussed was Ashley, and that was a surprise to me.
It was the sort of tale I like and was set in the period I enjoy.
on 25 March 2014
I struggled to get through this book. It would have been a fairly good story if it was shorter, as it is,it's too drawn out in the middle part of the story and became very boring, also, although it was supposed to be set during the war, you wouldn't really have known. As mentioned in a previous review, it has a very predictable ending. I didn't like Tess' character much either! I used to love Katie's books but the last few I have read are no where near as good as she used to write.
on 29 June 2014
What a wonderful heartfelt story, so sad in places. I was a bit sorry for Ashlie and his love for Tess ,but he would never have been right for her. It was wonderful that on her journey to her new life she finally had the answer to the question she had been asking herself for most of her life.
on 4 March 2014
I am currently reading this book but so far I am enjoying it which is not unusual with Katie Flynn books
on 30 July 2014
I have always enjoyed Kaiie Flynn's novels but have never read any of her books under Judith Saxon, this really stands upto expectations, a really different novel in the respect that it is two different stories in one book I am really enjoying the story.
on 5 October 2014
Can't believe the similarities between the two main characters. How all their lives were entwined and they did not realise. I hope there will be another book to continue the story from leaving England to what happens next.
on 20 July 2014
Enjoyed this book though it did take some time to get into the story. You could say there was 2 stories going on one in Australia and one in Norfolk before the Second World War. I could not wait to see which man would finally win Tess's heart.
on 29 June 2014
I enjoyed this book eventually it took a while to get into. I couldn't see what Australia had to do with it. Once i got into it was a good story and was pleased that Tess found out about her parents . All in all a good book