on 16 November 2013
Had me hooked from beginning to end. Easy to read and hard to put down. An exceptionally good thriller that kept me guessing about the sanity of the main character all the way through until the horrifying end. A very convincing plot with a superb conclusion.
on 2 June 2014
So far off her her other novels. This is short yet chilling. Incredibly well constructed. This has been passed throughout family and yet to have a bad review......
on 4 December 2015
I love Sophie Hannah's psychological Culver Valley series. I did not feel this was to the same standard, but it was good to see her trying a different genre.
on 18 February 2014
Bought as the notes on the book looked very good but for me I lost interest half way through it.
on 16 November 2015
Hard to put down and definitely not what you'd expect

I read it almost continuously, start to finish. A great time killer.
on 29 April 2015
Whilst this is a well written book, as are all of Sophie Hannah's, this was not one of her best and left me feeling disappointed.
on 27 April 2014
I usually love Sophie Hannah but was not mad about this one. Was just glad when it was over, ghost stories just not my thing.
on 16 January 2015
Bought for a book club meeting but really not my cup of tea, certainly not scary, I was bored with it
on 13 May 2015
Dont waste your time. Book now finished but I am still waiting for it to start!!
on 22 October 2013
This is a good read, but not half as scary as the reviews suggest. I did figure quite a lot of it out, having said that you do definetely need to read it to the end, as you do want to know what happens and why. Sophie Hannah writes very well, I do wonder how she manages to keep thinking such convoluted plots!