on 3 March 2016
I read this book when I was around 8 years old and now my 8yo is also reading the book at school. I bought a copy for her to read at home as she really enjoyed it in school. As I was going through the book, there were references about 'memsahibs' and 'ayahs' and looking at it from an outside point of view some might find it a "non PG" dialogue, but having been born and brought up in India - it is a reality and book is quite representative of the time (then and now) of the class system in India.

The book itself has always held a special place in my heart as somehow the concept of working on a garden to bring it back to life really resonated with me. My mother spend hours to bring a bit of high rise balcony to life with plants and greenery. I think it adds so much value to any space...
on 23 August 2013
A easy to read story, with a good outcome. Suitable for children of all ages. I read the book on recommendation and was pleased I did.
on 25 March 2016
A lovely classic story suitable for 8+ girls and boys.
on 8 December 2013
Bought as " the classic" read for my 10 year old as I loved this story when I was her age. Chapters are proving a but long for her, but she is getting to grips with it.
on 13 January 2014
Had bought as a gift for a 9 yr. old girl . Was liked very much.,Delivery was done before time.
on 26 April 2017
Great read for a nine year old - she absolutely loved it.
on 10 April 2017
Classic book perfectly suitable for my 9 year old Grand daughter who loves the story x
on 25 February 2014
Downloaded for granddaughter to assist with her reading. This has proved very successful and she is enjoying the book which is a classic
on 2 August 2017
Excellent
on 1 September 2017
Delightful and enriching fantasy read