Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 November 2017
It was marvellous to be able to revisit this children’s classic which was first published at the beginning of the last century. It has lost none of its charms over the years and although anthropomorphic stories may these days be seen as old-fashioned there is no doubt that the tales of Ratty, Mr Mole, Toad and Badger remain very readable and are still highly enjoyable.

Each character has his own traits. I associated more closely with Ratty as he is comfortable staying close to home, cares about others and appears to be more mature than those around him.

The mere fact that new editions continue to be issued is a clear demonstration of the story’s continuing popularity. This particular one by Alma includes an illustration by Tor Freeman which, although not to my taste as I am a traditionalist, will be loved by younger children.

mr zorg

Breakaway Reviewers received a copy of the book to review.
on 7 October 2015
My mother read the book to me, and like so many others who have been fascinated by the story, never questioned the animals size in relation to humans or the environment around them. Somehow Grahame had made things equal and the animals were able to change worlds without the reader noticing. And when I grew older and read the book to my daughter the differences therein went unnoticed. My daughter has my copy, So what better book to replace and read in retirement.
on 27 April 2017
Before reading the book I'd only seen the animated version, the book has far greater depth than I would have imagined. Much of what you see in film versions is a sad reflection of the book. READ THE BOOK..........
on 20 August 2017
A beautiful copy of one of my favourite books! My grand children love it and the beautiful cover Adds to the fun as the can see it on the shelf and beg for a story.
on 20 February 2016
Classic story which drags you in, timeless, even sounds good with kindle's robotic narrative!

Put this on speech narration whilst doing some D.I.Y. ...found myself standing around absorbed in the story when I should have been cutting & fitting insulation board.
on 8 November 2016
I was read this as a child and thought I would reread it again at 60 years old. Wonderful story, beautifully written and a must to be read to the grandchildren. I defy anyone not to like this classic book
on 27 September 2017
Don't bother to order this book - it is such incredibly poor quality, The print is very small, there are no illustrations, the paper quality is awful and the print quality is dreadful. The print on the reverse of the cover looks like it has been badly photocopied - blurred and fuzzy. Please don't think you are getting value for money - you are not! And no child will be interested in trying to read it.
on 6 September 2017
Was desperate to get away from yet another Julia Donaldson book so bought this for my children. They loved it but not as much as me.
on 14 March 2015
I suppose I really should have read this book years ago, but was never much of a reader.
Now being so easy to download and read books using my 'Tablet', I'm trying to catch up a litttle, 'The Wind In The Willows' I found to be 'highly-entertaining', light hearted read...
on 13 April 2014
I purchased this beautifully presented book for a great grandcousin for his first birthday. His mother is determined that he will be brought up on Children's Classics so I know this book will fit the bill perfectly.