on 18 October 2013
I wanted to donate a children's book to a school liberary, the aim was to encourage children to read. I knew this was James Patterson's aim in writing them. So decided his books would be just the thing. Reasonable priced. Short Chapters, easy to read. Action packed. My son the teacher at the school say the kids love it.
I have not read it my self, as it was a donation, I had it shipped straight to the school
on 17 October 2017
10 year old son enjoys these books very much - super quick delivery
on 5 February 2014
Bought for a school library on request from a student. The book has been greatly read and is very popular.
on 10 November 2014
My 8 1/2 year old LOVES this book. And so does my nearly 12 year old. Perfect for tweenagers :-)
on 22 October 2013
It was ok not as good as the others but I still liked it it kept me reading!!! I will look forward to reading the next book!
on 14 April 2017
"Middle School - My Brother is a Big, Fat Liar" is the third book in the series. We've read them all and we are huge fans (both me and my daughter:)!! This time we learn a bit more about Rafe's sister: Georgia. She starts her Middle School and she's pretty excited about it - yes - that's right - she loves books, lessons and has no problem with making new friends. Unfortunately because of her brother behaviour everyone at school (teachers, kids) think she's just like him! As a matter of fact Rafe is a brother who ruined her life - she always loved school and now it's horrible.
She made decision about proving to everyone that they are wrong and this is where the real school story begins

I love the style of writing and the illustrations! This is the book that you read with one breath! You can't stop!
I think the book is suitable both for boys and girls (age 7+). My daughter finds it easy to read and really funny.
The Middle School books have a proper place on our bookshelf and I'm sure my daughter will read them all again:) The younger one is already watching illustrations and making her own stories:)
If I could I would give 10 stars to this book!
on 28 December 2014
This third book in the Middle School series is my least favourite so far, but is still a fun read that delves deeper into the Khatchadorian family's secrets. It's all about Rafe's younger sister, Georgia, and her first foray into the world of Hills Village Middle School which, as we know, isn't the best place for her family.

I really enjoy Rafe's narration in this series so switching to someone else was a bit jarring. I don't find Georgia as funny, though it's nice to see her representing the girls. She has a lot to cope with in this book, particularly when it comes to having a bad reputation as Rafe's troublemaker sister. Obviously she can look out for herself, but middle school can be a brutal place, as she soon finds out.

Although Georgia isn't my Khatchadorian sibling of choice, I did enjoy getting to know her better. Ultimate Showdown's sibling rivalry makes more sense now, and it's good to know why she's always felt like she's in Rafe's shadow. I don't think her voice has the same spark as Rafe's does, but she's still an interesting person to spend a book with.

My Brother Is a Big, Fat Liar didn't quite live up to my high expectations, but I think things will go back to normal when Rafe returns in the next book. The Khatchadorian family has captured my interest completely, and make Middle School a must-read series. They also make me glad I'm not in mandatory education anymore. Yikes!
on 19 October 2017
Excellent price and quality.
on 9 March 2017