Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 22 March 2017
Fast paced, short, very well written. Rather less climactic than I anticipated but I kinda liked that. Not absolutely totally convinced I "got it".
on 16 April 2017
I have read this novella three times now, with gaps of a few years between each go, most recently before I see the film (and this time I pictured the film's cast as the characters as I read). I still can't quite get a handle on the ending and hope the filmmakers' interpretation will help. It's a compulsive read and I'll probably read it again at some point. I definitely get more out of it each time.
on 18 March 2017
Another brilliant novel from Julian Barnes. I hope the film adaptation does it justice!
on 28 October 2016
Absolutely beautiful book.
on 27 April 2017
Excellent book. I have just read it for the second time and I must confess that I had forgotten nearly all of it. I am not sure I really 'get' it even now but hope that the film might help.
on 4 December 2016
An amazing book that is gripping to the point that couldn't believe I was on the last page ! Loved it,magic.
on 26 April 2017
Gulped it down like a gourmet meal. Not a wasted word. Interesting story. Highly recommended - it won't disappoint. Not sure if I want to see the film now.
on 27 April 2017
The tension in this intriguing story is cleverly provided throughout the novel.
The "unreliable" narrator" requires the reader to think about the events in the story - or even question them.
A very beautifully written novel - that is the most important pleasure you get from reading it.
on 29 April 2017
Found it boring in parts. Maybe the film will be better.
on 29 April 2017
I enjoyed this immensely. Lot of nostalgia and quite sad. Slightly different from film. Always enjoy Julian Barnes