Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 December 2014
This is the first Katie Price book I have read and although I finished it I did feel somewhat cheated. The story is OK, but the writing shows no flair or feel, it's like someone has read "How to write romantic fiction 101" and then decided they are an author. I know that Katie has a ghost writer, which makes it even more disappointing. The writing just feels childish, the sort of thing you would expect from a teenager. It just doesn't flow along, just feels very "bitty". I felt no empathy at all with the characters. They all irritated me.

The story just doesn't gel for me. The author spends a long time setting the scene in 1999 and then leaps forward in time ignoring the fact that it would have been really interesting to explore how Liberty and Zac got on together when they first arrived in Hollywood and why they had so many marriage problems years later. Back in the UK the story did get a little better, but was so full of cliches it was laughable ... the fat best friend, the gay best friend, the best friend she wishes was a boyfriend, the wicked ex-girlfriend ... the sex scenes ... predictable ending seen a mile off ... This was a story which could easily have been so much better and because of that I was really disappointed.

I won't be buying any more of Katie's books.
on 21 April 2016
I loved this book. What I like about Katie Price's books is that they're all linked together in some ways through the characters. Characters from her other books pop up which is really cool. It's very easy reading, with a story line that gripped me as I wasn't quite sure what was going to happen at the end. Loved it, i'm onto the next one now 'Make My Wish Come True'
I wasn't a fan of Katie Prices books until I read In The Name of Love last year and was surprised at what a great read it was. Katie Price hides no secret that she has a ghost writer, Rebecca Farnworth, and I feel this needs to be mentioned as when I talk about the author in this review it relates to both ladies.

He's The One follows two generations, mum Liberty and her daughter Brooke. The book is split into two parts in the first chapter we are introduced to Liberty and we follow her early years as a single mother and a quick blossoming romance with the gorgeous Cory. When Liberty gets offered her dream job in LA that will mean she can provide her daughter with a better life she can't wait to tell Cory about their new start.

In part two of the book the story has jumped forward 14 years, Brooke is now grown up and Liberty is married but life for her daughter is not what she hoped it would be. Liberty feels that it is best for her and Brooke to return England but for Brooke LA is home and the last place she wants to go is back to England.

When I started to read this book it was exactly what I was expecting. By then end of chapter two our main character had met a new man and had already ended up in bed straight away. At this point I felt as though the book was going to be terribly predictable and trashy and was debating if to carry on or not but I decided to try another couple of chapters and I am pleased I did. By the time the book got to Part 2 the plot was really growing on me and surprisingly, so was Liberty's character. I found I was actually quite sympathetic towards her character, I expected her to be a little diva like but she was actually very down to earth and it was lovely that she always had her daughters interests at heart.

Brooke was a character who has you cringing each time she talks or should I say sulks! Yet she is another character who I found came full circle and by the end of the book I actually really liked her. Having been handed everything on a plate ( spoilt being an understatement!) and then throw in a large helping of hormones you can imagine what a mini diva this little lady was but I loved her!

I devoured this book in one sitting as once the storyline picked up it soon became impossible to put the book down, I really wanted to see what was going to happen next and to see if there was going to be a happy ever after.

This book sees the return of a couple of characters from her previous books which was a nice touch, it brought a little familiarity to the book. Katie Price brings the world she knows well, the world she lives in in this book the glitz and glamour, stardom and troubled relationships. This is an entertaining easy read that is pure escapism.

This book is definitely one to take on holiday with you if you like a modern day, glamorous romantic easy read that makes for pure escapism. I really enjoyed this book and think it is on par with last years book so well worth a read.
on 25 September 2014
A lovely story of how broken relationships can be mended no matter how damaged they may appear to be. A really enjoyable read... With an appearance from the all favourites Angel and Cal Bailey. Loved it!
on 6 April 2016
I have read and loved Katie's previous books, this unfortunately bored the life out of me and I found most of the story was written from the teenage daughters perspective , which was beyond annoying.
Honestly if you have not read any of Katie's other books , don't start with this one.
on 23 June 2013
Ever since Angel I have been addicted to Katie's books as they are full of love, glamour, heartbreak, joy and laughter. While I'm still reading He's The One I cannot fault yet another amazing book. I discovered she was bringing another one out, and because I am impatience, I bought it on my Kindle for the first time ever, as I usually buy the book. I cannot wait to read the rest and she will remain a firm favourite.

I love Liberty and fell in love with her within the first chapter and I love how this is the first (spoiler alert) book which she has done a large jump in time in one book, and it's nice how she always manages to bring the books around to Angel Summer, Cal Bailey as well as the lovely Jez and his husband. I just hope we get another Angel book in between or a follow up to Eden or Sapphire.
on 1 January 2015
Katie Price never fails to deliver a perfect romance. This book follows the story of a mother and daughter. I loved reading how the daughter (Brooke) changed and developed as a character throughout the book. The ending is slightly predictable but it is happy and I finished the book feeling good.
on 19 May 2016
Loved this book especially the 2 parts where her daughter is grown up and the boom explains her thoughts aswell. Would love a follow up to the book as read this one a few times,also a new angel book would be great love the characters.
on 13 July 2013
I loved this book I must say I loved it as much as the angel books brilliant characters couldn't put book down brilliantly wrote never wanted it to end hope there's another part to it soon we'll done Katie price
on 14 August 2013
Yet again another brilliant read from Katie price books , I have read all her book and I've really enjoyed everyone I can't wait till her next one come out her books never dissapoint me , brilliant .