Customer reviews

Running Like a Girl
Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 February 2014
Alexandra is very honest about how hard her runs have been and how she doubted her ability constantly. That's why she's so easy to identify with. It's very helpful for tips if you are a novice runner and I loved her anecdote about running in San Francisco. Well worth a read. Well done! Keep running Alexandra. Denise.
on 21 January 2015
I re-read it when I struggle to go running. Very honest and very inspiring.
on 2 March 2015
Just brilliant. A must read for all girls wanting to run that bit further!
on 2 January 2015
I really enjoyed this book. I started running 9 months ago and can relate to a lot of what is said in this book. An easy but informative read. It's been 6 weeks since I last ran a half marathon (chest infection, party season etc) and am now inspired to get out tomorrow morning and go for it!
on 23 February 2014
Tackles all aspects of running the good the bad and the ugly. Struggling to rind the right clothes, worrying about times etc. Alexandra answered my fears and worries The book made me laugh and cry throughout. Her relationship with her brother and especially her dad. Ill be reading this again
on 29 February 2016
Excellent book! Great for anyone who wants to and is already running!
on 4 February 2014
As a newbie runner who has just finished the couch to 5K NHS podcasts, I was looking for something to keep my motivation up and to inspire me. This book was everything I hoped it would be - funny, down to earth, motivational and honest. Thanks Hemmo, you might help me run a marathon yet!
on 28 January 2014
Although I came to running some twenty years older than Alexandra did, I can totally relate to all she has said. Funny and practical, it was great to read her journey from complete novice to experienced runner and the advice she gives at the end of the book is spot on. Great read!
on 24 February 2014
A really honest, amusing and heartfelt account of the highs and lows of running. Alexandra shows that anyone with the right frame of mind can become a runner. Very inspiring indeed! If you don't think you're a runner or you've fallen out of love with running then read this book.
on 4 April 2016
Smashing book which has greatly inspired me to run a marathon