Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 October 2004
this book is.. put it this way, i missed train stops just to carry on reading. i was absolutely HOOKED! got teary-eyed at the end. wicked, wicked stuff!
on 11 April 2004
Absolutely thrilling from start to finish. I couldn't put it down
on 13 June 2016
Another great book by Lesley Pearse. I think I have read them all and thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. She does so much research and I have really felt I was in the places she sets her books. I can't wait for her new book to come out!
on 21 March 2016
Cannot believe how quickly I am reading Lesley Pearse's books. Just cannot put them down. My only complaint - why oh why does she have to be so explicit on her sex scenes? To my mind it really isn't necessary!
on 3 September 2009
My older sister recommened this book to me. It is her favourite book and she has read it again and again. I borrowed her copy and began to read. In the first night, I read until about 150 pages, and the same the next night and so on. From the first few pages I found that I was literally hooked.
I loved the main character, Georgia, I found that I was emotionally connected with the story from the first pages, becasue Lesley Pearce somehow made me feel for her and understand her emotions. All I wanted throughout the book was for the lovely Georgia to find true happiness. The storyline was fantastic. The tragedy involving her father was a complete shock and I was bursting with tension. I was so sad when Georgia ran away. Her early life with Helen was so captivating and I cryed my eyes out when Helen died. My favourite part of the book was when she becomes famous and finds her father. Lesley Pearce is now my favourtie author.
Georgia is so fantastic in every way that I reccomend you try it for yourself, it felt so realistic when I read it. I know that you will love this book as much as I did.
on 20 January 2015
Yet another wonderful story from Lesley Pearse. I found it very difficult to put the book down. She has a very clever way of transporting the reader back in time to the era she is writing about. This is a story full of sadness, love, compassion and drive.
on 7 March 2000
A powerful and emotional book read after a recommendation from a friend. Don't spoil these books by reading the synopis. You can guarentee that all of Lesley Pearse's books will keep you amused for hours.
on 25 February 2014
This was probably one of my most favourite Lesley Pearse books. What Georgia went through, how she copes with everything thrown at her was admirable. She rose above each and every negative colour discrimination comment made about her, she worked hard to achieve and proved herself to be one of the nicest people one could come across.
on 14 February 2009
This story is a real page turner as Lesley Pearse's books always are. The plot revolves around Georgia's life following a serious assault by her step Father. Georgia runs away to lead a turbulant lifestyle which ultimately leads her toward her passion to become a singer. Georgia is a joy to read about, as the reader so desperately wants everything to turn out for her and this keeps you hooked page after page. Wonderful book, another great character from this excellent Author.
on 28 September 2010
My daughter gave me Gypsy to read, I am now hooked on Lesley Pearse's books, I found each one very different, as I finish the last few pages it's straight on to Amazon to buy another. I have been moved by each one but with Georgia I struggled to read the last few pages through the tears. If you haven't read a Lesley Pearse yet you are in for a real treat.Georgia