on 25 January 2017
I'm a big Hammer horror fan and probably like Twins of Evil the best of any of their films – it captures all the scares, sexiness and campiness to perfection. It's not the best horror film they made, but as a 'greatest hits' collection of what works in Hammer horror, its tremendous fun. The book, though, is a letdown. The writing is perfunctory, following the plot of the film well enough and throws in a bunch of timeline-mangling 'Easter eggs' which might appeal to some fans, but will annoy others for amounting to gratuitous 'cameos' of characters from other movies. Let's face it, continuity between the films was never all that strong – and it didn't matter because the films were fun in their own right. I suspect the author was given a list of requirements by Hammer which rather straitjacketed him, because there was potential to make this a cracking read. I'd have to say, with regret, that you're better off getting an HD copy of the movie and giving this a miss. It's a great shame and a missed opportunity, but given it's a 'corporate' tie-in novel, I'm not going to knock the author. The cover is tremendous, at least.
on 16 April 2013
I'm a big fan of Shaun's, especially the early stuff. I've been disappointed with some of his recent books so I was intrigued to see how collaborating with Hammer would work out.

I have to say I'm not disappointed, Shaun's writing style and Hammer's film style go well together.

The book adds a little more flesh to the film characters and it does feel like the book is better than the film, even though they have been produced the opposite way around from the norm.

Looking forward to reading X - The Unknown and Revenge of Frankenstein
on 30 April 2018
A good retelling of what is a great movie.
on 20 December 2013
I've read and enjoyed much of Shaun Hutson's work. Whilst "Twins of Evil" is a very good vampire novel, a book adaptation of a Hammer film, it lacks the scare/gore factor of "Heathen" or "Slugs". An enjoyable read nonetheless.
on 24 February 2015
Cracking read, not the gore you may expect from Shaun but its a great book
on 24 November 2014
Have read several of his books didn't enjoy this one
on 30 June 2015
Thank You.!!
on 6 December 2014
Perfect
on 15 September 2014
OK read
on 1 December 2011
I am a huge Shaun Hutson fan so him teaming up with Hammer was an automatic winner. I will say upfront I have never seen the movie, so any criticism in that general area I cannot give.
One person found this helpful