on 8 July 2011
I made the horrific mistake of watching the movie 'the social network' before reading the book. I found myself thinking of the film characters instead of the real people. After watching the film I did read up on the founding of Facebook and did find a lot of the film was speculation as opposed to actual facts. The book however didn't make me notice the mistakes as much and I actually found the film ruined this book a bit for me. The story itself is fantastically written and would be an interesting fictional novel. Although this is probably classed in the fiction category because of the speculation not knowing anything about Facebook would have made it a 5 star read. The story had twists and turns which were entirely believable and a total page turner. I would recommend this book to anyone purely because of the amazing story telling.
on 1 January 2016
I was really interested to read this to get a different take on the 'social network' and it didn't disappoint. Interesting reading the journey from a different perspective but also intriguing to read a little bit more in depth of what went on between the founders, and various parties introduced as the story unfolds...
Definitely worth reading if you are in the army stages of setting up a business or an especially fast moving tech one...
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2011
As someone who hasn't seen the film The Social Network [2010] I was interested to get a background to Facebook and the story of where it came from. Ben Mezrich has managed to turn what could have been a very ordinary tale into one of deception and betrayal. Having read this on Kindle, I was generally impressed however the book could do with some updating and significantly more detail on recently developments. Interesting but lacking updating and certainly no literary masterpiece.
One person found this helpful
on 14 November 2012
Good book...takes you all throughhow facebook came to be. There were pages however where the author has written so graphically that if you are not that way inclined can get you down. Fortunaely this only happened to me twice but I was tempted to get the book a rest, but Im glad I stayed with it. Be prepared for technical stuff, but nonetheless a good read.
on 22 July 2012
This is one of the most amazing books I ever read. So inspiring. The perfect environment for a XXI century revolution. As an IT professional, I am always wondering what is coming next, MSN, Google, Napster, Skype, Facebook it is all part of the History and we all are being part of it, amazingly. Congratulations to the Author, who wrote it very well and could pass to us what it was like. Congratulations to the characters, Eduardo, Sean and Mark, you are all History.
on 9 November 2016
Loved this book, along with others by Ben Mezrich.

Always a great read!!
on 20 January 2016
mildly interesting. i much preferred the sorkin movie (and the writing in that was way better).
on 8 December 2012
I like reading this book as it is well written and I thought Tom Mezrich did spend time in researching the facts and stories of the founder and his acquaintances at Harvard. Would recommend to anyone interested in reading a good book.
on 26 August 2016
running through my head with each sentence was the film but really enjoyed it and watching it all unfold. Told like a fictional novel making it easy to follow and enjoy...
on 8 April 2014
Fantastic read giving you information and incidents you couldn't have imagined. Good insight to justifying the need to be driven in order to achieve success!