Customer reviews

3,499
Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 February 2015
This is the one book I read in school that I will forever remember!

I usually disliket it when I was told to read a book. But this book, man, I just love it. If anyone asks me if I can recommend a book to read, this is without a doubt the one I would chose. I honestly can’t put it into words how much this books mean to me…I just love it!

I won’t write a long review since there are probably a lot of good ones already here. I just wanted to confess how much I love this book, and now I have! :)
on 14 August 2015
Reading this in our book club after reading it several times in high school. I loved it in high school and I have to say I loved it again reading it this time around as well. It didn't lose anything with my 20 more years of life experience behind me. The characters were just as rich. The story was sleepy, atmospheric but compelling. A very powerful tale that will stay with you years later. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 8 March 2016
My uncle told me to read this book and my god I'm so glad he did! What a remarkable piece of literature... I started this late last night and am half way through already! Beautiful.. and I already have go set a watchman waiting for when I finish! Seldom do I keep books I've read unless impacted by their contents so much so that I would be lured into reading them again... This one I shall be keeping indefinitely!
on 13 August 2017
A timeless and very important read for people aged 15+. This book is simply beautiful and is surrounded by so much hype for good reason- the messages it portrays are still current in modern society and we can all learn something from young Scout.
on 25 June 2017
This book outlines the bigotry endemic in America
on 20 May 2017
A true classic of American literature. I've visited the Deep South and read other books about it but this brings to life the strains and snobberies that abounded, all seen through a child's eyes.
on 19 June 2016
I read this because of its status as a modern classic. It's a bit slow to start with but you soon get drawn into the story. The characters are beautifully written and the story gripping. It's definitely one I'd recommend.
on 26 June 2017
This was an excellent book. I could not stop turning the pages. It was also most unusual and refreshing. I. Outdoor have read moew
on 3 April 2017
I somehow managed to not have read this in my youth. Have now put that right & understand why this is a 20th century classic. Just brilliant.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 September 2017
Have read this several times but wanted a new copy for the book club. It's just as good and just as thought provoking as ever.