Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 June 2017
I was looking for a new thrill kind of book for ages...having read loads of James Patterson and the such but this is just on another level. Havent even finished it and I am hooked! Absolutely brilliant and will be buying the rest of the series
on 3 August 2017
Excellent. Typical Karen Slaughter and I really got immersed in the book. I can't eait to read more.
on 10 April 2013
If you have read Triptych you will love this second book in the Will Trent series. The author makes the characters come alive and the suspense was page turning and kept me up way past my bedtime as I just had to find out what happened. A great read and I am looking forward to the next book in the series!
on 2 August 2017
This book arrived in good time and the story line is compelling and gritty with believable characters, that Karin writes so well, its easy to find and hour goes by when reading it, as the story just draws you in..
on 19 August 2017
I have not read Karin Slaughter for a while. I was not disappointed with this one, just as good as always.
on 12 January 2014
The best book I've read for a while, I did solve it but it was still very exciting and I can't wait to get started on Atlanta 3. Xx
on 25 July 2015
Great book.
on 24 March 2017
This is the second in this series and by this author I've read and it will be the last though I have 2 more I bought at the same time when they were on offer at 99p each.

The story starts off confusingly and badly with and entirely incredible (as in totally unbelievable) lapse in police procedure after the initially and only mildly hard to swallow opening scene of violence.

It may get mildly spoiling from here on in as it's hard to express why I don't like this book without referring to the story.

Experienced homicide detectives completely fail to check the scene of the crime properly in spite of glaring evidence that all is not as it seems. A girl is beaten so swverely that her face is like a flattened hamburger and yet no one looks at the suzpected killer's hands. This b3comes even more of a serious hole in the plot when they eventually do find their killer. No way anyone could have delivered that kind of a bearing without the damge showing clearly on their hands.

The story itself drags on and on with no sign of a clue where there should be, having met the killer early on and seen nosign of what would be obvious trauma on his hands.

About 3 quarters of the book is frustratingly dull with no sign of any detection happening before some barely credible strokes of luck just reveal the killers for no good reason. I mean, cement dust which would have been picked up in a place where the killers parked their car leads to a copy shop nearby and suspicion of two people who just don't fit into the preceding story? Why? And as I say, no sign of the obvious trauma on the knuckles of either.

The way the GBI boss treats Will Trant is just never going to inspire any loyalty even in someone who has supposedly managed to get in with dislexia severe enough to disbar him from such a position.

All on all a very frustrating and annoying read, I wish I'd given up as I was going to about halfway through.
on 18 May 2016
Great service. And we like it.
on 28 April 2016