The Brethren
Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 May 2018
Three harmless cons making small money, with the world changing outside. Then there's a whiff of big money....with bigger consequences. The reader says to himself, "This is what's going to happen", or maybe "This is what I want to happen". A plot that twists and turns, keeping you guessing the outcome to the last two pages. Grisham has again proved himself able to capture the imagination of his readers, keeping them guessing all the way through the script. Then you ask yourself "Maybe this is actually what happened last time?" Go read this book.
on 26 August 2017
Grisham creates an interesting narrative as always that seem well researched and provide an insight in to the area he is writing about. However all the characters were unlikeable which made the book hard to read and the ending was awful.
One person found this helpful
on 24 July 2014
I chose three stars as it was a pleasant read but not nearly as detailed or legally authoritative as the John Grisham books I read avidly a few years ago, the plot was far fetched and the narrative and characterisation equally so. Generally about the same attractiveness as the Theo Boone novels which I prefer to avoid.
on 4 July 2014
I've read most of John Grisham's books and always enjoy his stuff. I like the consistent themes of the stories (greed, corruption, aspiration, hustling for a quick buck, etc) and the free-flowing style of his prose. On the basis of the reviews I was expecting this to be one of his weaker efforts, but I'd say it's about the par, which for me equates to a good read. The characters are well constructed and the dialogue is, as always, very strong. Grisham's stories always work towards logical conclusions. There's rarely a big reveal or a major plot twist, which I appreciate. It's just a good writer, in comfortable territory, telling a compelling story.
on 26 May 2018
A typical John Grisham book. A good read without being really impressive.
on 3 April 2018
Brilliant writer never fails to keep you wanting more. The must be painstaklng. Thorourly recommended.

Expect to lose some sleep.
on 12 February 2015
Makes it sound easy for criminals to carry on there illegal business from inside prison, hopefully this is pure fiction! good story of CIA misuse of their power and just how far they are willing to go to get the right man in the right position
on 26 May 2014
The one thing that stopped me thoroughly enjoying this legal/criminal romp was the lack of any character that I could latch on to. I'm afraid I didn't care what happened to any of them. This said, I did enjoy the book and would suggest you read it if you are a John Grisham fan.
on 27 May 2018
great service
on 6 June 2018
We have read every book he has written what else can I say