The Appeal
Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 August 2017
Desperately boring, on and on in the American politic scene. Enough of that in news
on 22 August 2017
enjoyed especially the first part and the description of the Trudeau's which to me read like a stab to the Trumps of this world.
on 3 September 2016
A good read! I would recommend this book . As always he never disappoints, fiction mixed with reality, always a good combo!
on 3 March 2017
John grisham at his best , absolutely loved it, so many twists and turns. Thought the ending was going the other way, gutted!
on 26 July 2017
Very well worth a read
on 4 November 2017
Was left wondering and waiting for the twist and when it did come I had guessed well in advance.
Never happens wit a Grisham
on 19 September 2017
Good detailed build up to the final stages with all the interlocking events. Out come was salutory.
on 29 August 2017
One of Grisham's lesser books.
on 4 November 2010
I know it's fiction; if I wanted to see big business winning out I wouldn't read it; if I wanted realism I would read newspapers (which are slightly less fictional).

To be 'realistic', Mitchell McGeere (in The Firm) should have been murdered with his wife by the mob; Darby Shaw should have died for revealing the Pelican Brief.

Total waste of time reading it.
on 5 August 2008
What a disappointing Grisham novel. They are slowly getting worse. Of course the legal side is interesting but the story - boring and tedious - too many uninteresting characters about whom I couldn't care less. The book dragged on to a poor ending. I thought the new yacht, together with all the useless people on board, was going to sink - pity it didn't. I think this novel may have been written by a 'ghost writer'. I shall not bother to purchase any more of Grisham's novels.
44 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse