on 11 May 2017
I had not read any Donna Leon before. I came to her after reading and interview with her in The Guardian. I had become somewhat over-'Elena Ferrante'd,' and was seeking some Italian settings other than Napoli. Detective stuff sounded promising!
I was delighted to find a rattling good read (without too much product-placement) and a great set of characters with whom to become familiar in the series. Captured a true sense of Venice and her political and historical complexities.
on 27 June 2017
My wife started me reading this series. While some people would see it as filling time I find the Brunetti novels enjoyable and to anyone who has spent more than just a few hours in Venice, it brings back the magic of the city state
on 4 May 2017
I confess. I am a Brunetti / Leon fan . The family discussions make me smile and sometimes wince. The plot is simple but fascinating all the same. I will go on and on and read all the others. I hope they are all as agreeable.
on 4 May 2017
Delighted to discover this writer, with not only an engrossing mystery story but a splendid tour of Venice as well.
on 19 May 2017
I bought this, the first Brunetti story, to convert a friend. Success!
on 25 August 2015
I love Donna Leon's books - this one is great
on 3 May 2017
The item arrived on time and in excellent condition, plus sometimes a useful bookmark - a nice touch.
on 23 July 2017
Having recently visited Venice it was brought vividly back to life by Leon's descriptions of Brunetti's travels across the city
on 24 July 2017
Absolutely new condition.
on 16 May 2017
Gripping tale. a good page turner.