Alexandria: (Falco 19)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 March 2014
She has done it again! Another brilliant Falco and Helena travelogue. Deadly politics and book stealing. I loved that Falco got a brief mention in the ancient world's version of Amazon for his play...stolen perhaps later by one Willie Shakespeare.
If you want a detective story whose Tec doesn't just walk down the mean streets but runs down 'm AND up them and nearly gets fed to lighthouse fires, then this is the book for you.
on 2 July 2016
Normally I prefer the Falco novels when they are set in Rome but this was very good despite its setting. I have been reading these novels since the start and this one is, I suspect, the penultimate. I think Lindsey Davis has generally got better as the series has progressed but she is probably wise to start all over again with her new heroin., However, I shall miss the Falco/Helena relationship.
on 25 July 2017
I am a big fan of Falco and his adventures. Alexandria was very much up to the usual high standard of these books.
on 20 May 2015
If you are a Falco fan, which I am, then you know you are going to enjoy his latest exploits. You know that the book will be well written and entertaining.
on 10 December 2012
Another Marcus Didius Falco book is always something to look forward to and this certainly didn't disappoint. Every story is a mini-travelogue of the Roman Empire - OK, probably large chunks of it are the product of Lindsey Davis's imagination, but it's all based on known facts, and presented in such an entertaining witty style. I look forward to further developments in the Falco family saga.
on 9 April 2014
I would recommend this to anyone who has an interest in ancient Roman history as Lindsey Davis goes into such detail of every day life in Rome and the parts of the world that came under their dominance. This includes just about every aspect thought of from what they ate to their politics. This book covers Egypt and Alexandria in particular. As well as the usual detective work by Falco and the every day life of his family Lindsey Davis also goes into meticulous detail of the history of that time.
on 24 January 2013
Falco forever binds me to him and his family. At the same time I learn about the Romans (and in this case ancient Alexandria) but I suspect dear Falco has little to do with a real Roman; though I'd like to think I am wrong. Beware! he can become an addition!
on 5 July 2016
An excellent series of books. Brilliant listen.
on 15 June 2016
These stories I love got all the Falco series
on 12 March 2013
Slightly different and certainly a new environment. Alexandrians superior to anyone else? Maybe they were at one time. The descriptions of the town as it could have been in Roman times is well researched. Very Good