on 21 September 2015
I have just finished reading this book having read her previous one "Lois on the loose", I didn't want the book to end and I am hoping she is going to write some more .I am in total admiration at her bravery and her determination to conquer her fears ,on top of that she makes me laugh my head off with some of her tales ,just brilliant .Even if I didn't ride a motorbike myself I know I would still love her books as her observations of people are spot on and Its taught me a bit of geography at the same time .
on 24 October 2015
A superb account of an incredible journey. Lois talks the talk but my goodness she walks the walk. Her contrasting accounts of her harrowing train journey in fear of her life in the company of drunken, drugged up soldiers, to the random kindness of complete strangers, all go to make an adventure book you can't put down.

If you like motorcycle travelling and a good story I heartily recommend this!
on 6 July 2012
I purchased "Red Tape and White Knuckles" wanting to be entertained by Lois`s sheer writing talent for telling her adventures in pure page for page -Humour,horror,frightening,laughter etc,I cannot begin to explain the fascinating stories she puts down in words for the reader to enjoy every single word.I would recommend everybody to read her books for a real writer.
on 3 January 2017
Read Lois's recent article in Bike Magazine about her solo trip to Iran, so bought this book as I'd enjoyed Ewan McGregor's Long Way Down and wondered how someone would cope on a solo trip regardless of gender. Read the book in a day, well-written, very enjoyable and has given me the inspiration to make my next bike trip somewhere a bit further away...
on 11 October 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed the book, life's to short. Go and enjoy life while you can. Well written adventure through one of the most diverse continents in the world, read it.
on 18 February 2013
This lady has a big heart , good thing's come in small packages, she is not scared to try new things, thinks round problems that she comes across, and more than that she has a sense of humour, Whish I had the bottle to take off an give it a go, just to see how I would get on, you never know one day? I've read both her books and,they can have you laughing, and thinking how is she going to get out of this one, she deals with all the problems of border crossing's very well, and you get a real sense of just how tyred and fatigued you get with many hour's in the saddle, covered in mud and wondering if you have enough petrol to get you to the next town, a great read.
on 22 August 2015
Excellent. I have thoroughly enjoying both of Lois Price's books. I have travelled through every flood, muddy puddle and border crossing with her!! Definitely recommend - for the story and the story teller.
on 3 April 2013
I enjoy reading motorcycle adventure books and this one did not disappoint. Thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish. I am a slow reader, but this book made me want to keep reading, which I did. Certainly would recommend to all motorcyclists.
on 28 January 2016
Great read
on 15 August 2013
Lois cuts through the crap with this very good book. I can't stand it when I read this type of book and get mini lectures on various topics. Lois keeps it real and this book is highly recommended!