Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 June 2005
Well I have looked at this book front to back and back to front.
All I can say is that this is one book I dont regret purchasing!
A must for Elvis fans....Wished there had have been a little more written content, but there's an awful lot of superb shots in it.Noticed too alot of people around Elvis so called 'close' were not included in the book,Priscilla must have had her reasons for this!So dont look upon this as just another book, full of nonsesnse, history repeating itself etc.It's quite moving with alot of interesting revelations.
on 26 February 2015
Very disappointed. More like a sketchy diary of memories with much missed out.
Wouldn't recommend.
Another who's jumped on the Elvis bandwagon.
She is the ex wife who left him. Yet now loves him again? Not buying in to that at all!
on 14 November 2015
I bought this for my daughter as she is a dedicated Elvis fan as am I. I was 14 years old when I first heard him sing and I fell in love with him when I saw him singing Loving You in his first movie. He was the King of Rock and Roll and I just loved him to bits. This book is just wonderful and full of the more personal sides of his life. I would strongly recommend that you add this gem to your collection of this wonderful man's life.
on 15 October 2013
Ok, so the book could have spread over 20 pages (they used quotes in MASSIVE font to take up one page) but I felt like I was getting read accounts of The King's life from those who was closest to him. The pictures of him especially the ones of him and Lisa-Marie are lovely. Worth a place on any avid fan's book shelf.
on 5 June 2005
I have to say that I agree with the 'If I Can Dream' reviewer from America. I rushed into my local bookshop, 100% sure I would be buying the book, excited about the promised new material. Looking through it, I was so disappointed. It even had a faintly seedy air, as if I had emptied my long neglected handbag, taken photographs of everything it contained and then published it as a coffee table book. I admire Priscilla, and all the work she has done to keep Elvis in the public eye, but this is such a let-down. Needless to say, I did not buy the book.
on 22 May 2005
I have to say, like the the rest of the trilogy (CD & DVD)the book is a disappointment. I for one was very excited about the prospect of lots of unreleased photos and great reminiscences from the people closest to Elvis. Instead we get photos of mailboxes (double page spread for this), combs, unused bottles of aftershave, water and crayons. It really is a let down to hear the same stories and sensationalism we have already heard in a 1000 other books formatted on huge fonts which really are annoying as the words run into each other to look trendy! In my view, the book is definitely the worst of the three formats.
on 9 January 2016
This book was so short it was over in a flash. One very annoying thing was it kept repeating paragraphs in italics a page or so later so u effectively read things twice. That saying I did enjoy it and gave a small insight into the man himself.
on 12 January 2014
Purchased Wednesday night, Delivered Friday morning. I had read the entire book by 7.30pm the same day, I couldn't put it down. Very interesting, changed my opinion of Elvis, probably not for the better though.
on 24 March 2013
Have read several books about Elvis since I visited Graceland last November,like this one but found it repeated a lot of what I had read before.
on 17 May 2014
Just a rehash of all the info you can get on the web!.Waste of time and money.Does not tell the true story.Only what they want you to know.