Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 September 2017
Another pleasing Regency novel from the pen of Georgette Heyer. The plot is well structured and there are some appealing portraits of the main characters, with an interesting twist to show that beauty does not always associate with good.
on 15 July 2016
This is one of my favourite Never novels. I have lost count of how many times I have read it. Quiet elegance, with classic Hero and Heroine, and a range of other characters to give depth and humor to the story. If you like her novels you will not be disappointed with this.
on 16 March 2017
Read many times. Probably many times more. As I have with all of Ms Heyer's works. The very, very best.
on 4 September 2017
Another enjoyable regency romp from Heyer where a conceited young miss gets her comeuppance and two couples find true love.
on 8 June 2017
didn't see the wife till she had finished it
on 25 September 2017
Another one of Heyer's great books.
on 12 September 2017
Classic Georgette Heyer, need I say more?
on 27 April 2013
I enjoyed reading this book until I got to the end. This felt rushed and is very unlike what I've come to expect of Georgette Heyer. Not a very conclusive ending. I flicked the last page expecting at least one short chapter and was quite miffed to find the book had ended.
on 16 April 2017
Loathe being forced to write review before I can leave the last page. !!!!
I like to return book to page one.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 September 2017
This was a beautifully written book. I laughed out loud. Definitely worth a read. Heyer is an amazing author. Brilliant English