Customer reviews

on 5 October 2017
The story is good but very short compared to other Steve Cole books about the astrosaurs , and doesn't come with any collector cards. This is probably due to the fact that it was a World Book Day freebie-with-school-book-token. As it was the most expensive out of all the Astrosaur books we bought (different sellers) I do think it ought to be highlighted that it was a previous World Book Day subsidised publication- highlighted in the product description, that is, not merely hinted at in the reviews section as it currently stands. The writing itself is good- just that there isn't much of it.
on 14 April 2017
This range of books / audio books are excellent, with brilliant, captivating stories!
on 17 December 2013
My little boy got one of these books bought for Xmas last year and was hooked. I have eventually bought the whole series. His reading has also improved with reading these books. For any child that likes dinosaurs and space these books are ideal.
on 16 June 2013
This is an awesome book it's so good I think it deserves a 1000 star rating. An astrosaur book is definitely the best I can't believe any one could write a book that's as good as this. It is twice as good as my other favourite book Jake cake.
on 8 July 2014
These books are amazing they are really good and interesting aswell as imaginative. Perfect for if u have kid just starting to read books by their selfs.
HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 November 2006
My son (10) isn't very good at reading, so I read these Astrosaurs books to him at bedtime. He has really enjoyed them and so we have bought all of the series (8 books at present with more to come in 2007) to encourage him to like books as much as his Playstation 2, TV and DVD's. Most books we have are shared with his 12 year old sister, so he appreciated a good book aimed at young boys. I would say these books are his most treasured, and he really looks forward to reading a chapter or two each night - my daughter (12) has shown no interest - she's probably too old and a girl. The sci-fi stories are quite good (we are Dr Who, New Captain Scarlet & Dan Dare fans) and you get the boys favourite (dinosaurs) thrown in as well. The series follows the space adventures of a troupe of vegetarian dinosaurs (they escaped the meteor hit 50 million years ago by leaving Earth in spaceships).

This book is the seventh of the series, and involves Capt. Teggs, Arx, Gipsey and Iggy of the Starship DSS Sauropod leaving on a perilous mission to find Admiral Rosso, a crusty old Barosaurus and the leader of the Dinosaur Space Service, who has gone missing while on a holiday trip to the planet Trimuda.

The books are best read in order. My son says 'Like the other books it was cool, I liked the characters and the pictures. I also liked the cut-out cards at the front'. I would think the books would suit any pre-teen boy older than four, who appreciates space travel. I also enjoyed reading them out loud, and I think the quality of the science fiction stories is actually improving with each new book. They also have lots of good line drawn illustrations, typically two per page. There are surprisingly few good books aimed squarely at young boys about, so highly recommended. Also try 'The tentacled terror' plus the 'Horrid Henry', 'Seriously silly stories', and the 'Captain Underpants' series of books - and don't forget the eighth Astrosaurs book 'The terror bird trap'
HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 October 2012
Note THIS IS A REVIEW OF THE BBC AUDIO RELEASE ONLY.

This is a really fabulous reading of the book. Toby Longworth is one word- excellent.

He reads this entertaining story really well and handles all the complex different character's voices really well- at times I thought it was radio play rather than an unabridged reading of the book because he is that good.

This is the second in the series but can be listened too even if you haven't heard the first- but after hearing this one you will soon seek out the first and third in the series.
The Seas of Doom (Astrosaurs)
Astrosaurs: Riddle of the Raptors

The story- the dinosaurs never died out- they were space explorers and called the Astrosaurs.
The series is popular and there are 3 in the series all released on audio by the BBC.
Teggs is the captain of the SS Sauropod pride of the space fleet- his mission?
To deliver a set of newly discovered eggs to a safe planet BUT a species of greedy Oviraptors- thats egg eaters to you and me (just like the Piggies in Angry Birds!)
The action never lets up and the story really cracks along at a brilliant pace.
Totally recommended.
on 26 November 2006
We love Astrosaurs. We have all of them, we enjoy collecting the cards and we can't wait for the new ones to come out.

The books are funny and exciting. They have cool baddies and great heroes.

The Astosaurs are dinosaurs in space that have adventures.
on 27 February 2013
This book came in good time, but I was disappointed it was such a quick read for my son - he had it read in half and hour and for what I paid for it, it was not good value for money. I think charging that much for a book that was essentially a free or £1 book for World Book Day is pushing it a little.
on 11 September 2009
We purchased a set of eight Astrosaur books for our son's seventh birthday. Our son has Asperger's Syndrome and it has been difficult to find fiction books that will keep his interest. We have been reading a couple chapters in Astrosaurs books since his birthday in July (it is now September) and they have kept his interest this entire time. They are well-written and well-illustrated. Our four-year old daughter has also been hearing them as her bedtime story and she loves them as well. The collector cards in the front are also very much appreciated by the children as they are mad for trumps games. Day of the Dino Droids is my particular favourite as I found it suspenseful and quite funny, with particularly vivid illustrations. Huge thanks to Steve Cole for creating such an entertaining series. We'll be buying more soon!