Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 March 2017
Children loved it. The pictures are so funny:)
on 31 July 2016
My year 2 boys are going to love this - going to base our Talk4Write around it.
VINE VOICEon 19 July 2006
If my children didn't enjoy it so much I'd think that actually this book is really for the grown-up who's reading to them. The action man character is just so funny, having boy-sized adventures fighting the evil pillow monster on one page, diving into the washing up bowl for an underwater adventure on the next. It is in these foamy waters that he meets his side-kick, Scrubbbing Brush. At Christmas Traction Man is such a member of the family he gets a present from Granny which is an hand-knitted green romper suit and matching bonnet - this is hysterically funny to me and my little listeners but traction man is not impressed. Fortunately it all comes right at the end ready for Traction Man's next perilous adventure. A marvellous story, perfect for 4+. Highly recommended.
on 19 April 2006
When I first read this book to my 4 year old son, he went very quiet and still - a sign of a sure winner. Fantastic story line with an action man type hero who does all the things my son does in his imaginative play, with different outfits on. Particularly love the knitted outfit and even my son was taken by the knitted pants! Great detail in the illustrations with lots to look at. This is a book that he looks at over and over agian.
on 26 March 2017
Minimal text not enough words for a child to read and it does not have questions at the end .
on 15 August 2016
Great book , perfect condition ,
on 8 September 2006
One of the funniest books I have ever had the privilege of reading to my grandsons (6½, 5 and 2½). We laughed so much that at one point I was unable to continue reading, with tears running down my face, unable to speak and 3 little boys laughing loudly, this book is a MUST for any child who has ever owned an Action Man. Grown ups will love it too - we can always do with a good laugh!
on 30 June 2014
This book has amazing pictures and shows how a boy plays with his action man using everyday things he finds around the house. It is very funny and entertaining. My son who is 6 loves it and we have all the books.
on 8 January 2011
Got this for the children 2 and 4 for christmas after reading at a friend's house. Great book - fun and adventurous story line with lots of humour and great pictures that would appeal to adults reading the book as well as children. Our children bit too young to grasp the funny side of book i.e. the embarassing knitted romper suit that Granny gives Traction man, but they love the pictures and story line so much so that my son's action man has been renamed Traction man and goes on similar adventures. Would definitely recommend.
on 7 February 2009
This book is hilarious and great fun as an adult to read to your kids. Mini Grey puts her action figure into grave danger when he meets a poisonous dishcloth, the wicked professor spade and the mysterious toes...then Granny gives him an all-in-one knitted green romper suit and matching bonnet which is a perfect fit: 'Oh! How lovely'..... How will Traction Man save the cupcake from the clutches of Dr. Sock? How will he ever be taken seriously again? Find out in this witty take on heroic deeds bedded in a domestic setting. Amazingly still very popular with my two boys who are now 7 and 10 because of the wit of the text and pictures.