Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 April 2017
This has to be the funniest book that Tom Sharpe has written. I was literally in tears from laughing so much and would recommend it to anyone who likes a bit of a satire and a good laugh
on 13 September 2014
This is without doubt the funniest book I have ever read. I have read it about six times at last count, with the first read in 1991. Everyone who has ever read this will always say "Don't read it in public' and I can't agree more. This book should come with a public health warning. The comedy is so shockingly abrupt that you won't see it coming, and when it does, you won't believe what you've just read. Now it's on Kindle I can access it anytime I like. Except when I'm not in the house, I don't want to get arrested again.
on 5 March 2017
I am a Tom Sharpe fan & have repeatedly got his books from my library as a change from crime or mystery stories. So I thought it would save time & energy to own some....I already have the Wilt series & have read them several times. They are so funny!!!
on 15 July 2017
The funniest book I have ever read. Stick with it through the heavier parts, and you will be rewarded handsomely. Absolutely brilliant.
on 27 March 2015
Hillarious. Tom Sharpe goes from strength to strength. If you are feeling down and this book does not revive you, you have no sense of humour. Once started you will not be able to put this book down, but you may have to take a break in order to stop laughing!
on 30 October 2016
Best of the Tom Sharpe books in my opinion. A must for anyone wanting to laugh a lot. Great insights into a view on life!

Graeme
on 4 May 2017
Cheered me up - usual Tom Sharpe stuff
on 22 March 2014
This is a relatively short book that gallops along at a brisk pace. It's pretty similar to other Tom Shape books and no worse for that. Lockhart is, of course, a b#####d.
on 5 June 2013
I'm on my 6th T.M. book and this goes one step further than the rest! Anyone who hasn't read T.M. before should read his other books first and save this one to savour later,perhaps starting with the 'WILT' books first.
on 11 May 2017
tom sharpe at his best. It must be third time of reading and I still laugh out loud