Customer reviews

Riotous Assembly
Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 August 2014
How Tom Sharpe can dream up such fantastic unlikely situations is a mystery to me, but he held my attention with suppressed giggles throughout. This was a book I read in record time but really wanted it to go on ad infinitum.
I am buying the next Tom Clarke book right now, because I can!! Thank you for espousing the ebook medium.
on 22 February 2018
I recently re-read Wilt and found it as funny as I remember it being when I first read it back in the 90's. This book is quite funny in parts but feels a lot more pedestrian to me.
on 7 September 2013
just but it if you like a good fun read, you be laughing 50% of the time,
so be careful where you read it, as it can be embarrassing bursting into
laughter alone on a flight, bus or in public area....
it is more funny for those people who have lived or worked in south Africa,
as the theme is the apartheid era, turned into some extremely funny stories.
which unfortunately were true of sorts..

buy it you will as they say wet yourself laughing.

james,
on 28 December 2017
Very funny book, although I think you have to be of a certain age to understand the politics behind the story.
on 2 January 2015
I wish to make a public health warning. DO NOT READ THIS BOOK IF YOU HAVE A COLD. I was recently laid low with a mild cold and a cough, so with time on my hands I decided to download Indecent Exposure by Tom Sharpe, needless to say this was a foolish decision on my part. This book triggered uncontrollable coughing fits due to me being unable to control my fits of laughter.. This is without doubt the funniest book I have ever read, better than Shape's Indecent exposure and Wilt which are both extremely funny books. No wonder the Apartheid Regime kicked him out of South Africa after writing this. A masterpiece of satire. Buy this now you will not be disappointed.
on 25 January 2018
this is one of Tom Sharpe's amusing stories. Very good.
on 15 August 2017
its a good book with cruel but very funny humour
on 31 August 2017
I read both "I.E." and "R.A. a few times many years ago and having just reread Porterhouse Blue again, couldn't resist reading these again on Kindle during a recent spell in hospital. NONE of the above should be read after abdomen surgery , you'll break something. If he's to your taste they're brilliant.
on 18 January 2015
I bought this book to read whilst on a camping holiday. The occupants of the tents and caravans about our pitch were treated to seeing me sitting in the sunshine crying with laughter into my kindle. The depiction of the scene in which Miss Hazlestone demonstrates to the police the efficacy of her home-made elephant gun - in actuality something more akin to a hand-held anti-aircraft battery - is one from which I am still recovering. If you need cheering up, look no further.
on 28 March 2017
A fantastic read with enough twists and turns to keep me entertained right too the end. Tells more about the apartheid times in South Africa than many a history book.