on 16 September 2017
A typical academic book- full of hard fact but not amusing as I hoped it would be therefore I only skip read it
on 24 September 2017
Excellent
on 26 June 2017
Good book so far.Gary
on 4 August 2017
Great!
on 1 July 2014
A formidable book on human behaviour. So well researched and explained. A most interesting work to help understand your own species. A must read at some time in your life, It should definetely form part of your home library. If you are interested in understanding what others do and why you should read it.
on 1 September 2010
This book is fantastic. It goes into great detail & is very informative. Desmond Morris tells it in a way that keeps you interested even at the boring parts. I'd definitely recommend this book.
on 26 October 2005
I've read this edition first, which was enjoyable , but then I saw the earlier edition in a second hand book shop. I was amazed by the contrast because the earlier edition was thoroughly illustrated with photographs, which made it very appealing and attractive. This edition have a short section of pictures attached in the middle, but sketch drawing used throughout to illustrate, which I find it rather dry to reading. I brought the earlier edition too as a result.
on 2 June 2004
I think Mr. Morris did an excellent job with Peoplewatching. I think it's a book that anyone wanting to learn more about human non-verbal communication can learn from. My other favorite book on body language, though a little more intimate, is The System by Roy Valentine. These are two books I will have and study for years to come.
on 18 April 2016
Have the original Manwatching and wanted to see the updated version - rather thick for a paperback would have been better a larger format as the original but looking forward to reading all over again - some of the photos have clearly been re used from the 70s !
on 6 September 2014
Was recommended this book following a course and I wasn't disappointed! Very comprehensive assessment of the human animal. A little old school in style but he writes with great authority. Book condition fine.