on 5 August 2016
I've been trying earlier books by Karin Slaughter as I really enjoyed "pretty girls" and "cop town". This, I'm sad to say, was awful. It was very poorly researched, felt like she had researched "impact of child abuse"; "self-harm", etc. on something like Wikipedia. I think that is extremely poor for a book about child abuse. The motivation for the abuse was never explored so it just seemed to be about gruesome facts and shocking the reader. The characters were like cardboard cutouts and a total cliché. The story of recovery about one of the main characters, from a previous trauma in Blindsighted, was the only part of the book that had any depth. However I would not recommend ... skip to some of her later books instead.
on 25 October 2017
I like the he characterisations of Sarah and her family and of Jeffrey. The story, as always, with Karen Slaughter, is very well written. It is also one about a stomach-churning subject that only gradually becomes apparent as the book progresses. Certainly not a comfortable book to read, but a compelling one.
on 8 September 2017
I love Karin Slaughter - brilliant writer. However I could not believe it when I read the last page of this book on my Kindle. It was so abrupt and unresolved, I kept reloading, certain that the last few chapters hadn't downloaded properly. Unfortunately, it was the actual ending. Disappointed as it spoilt what was otherwise an excellent book.
on 2 November 2015
This was an excellent story Karin Slaughter kept me on the edge of my seat. I have read several of her books and have never been disappointed. I particularly enjoyed the connection between Jeffrey Tolliver and Dr. Sarah Linton and not forgetting Lena. She certainly suffered from anxiety and depression, but I did get the impression she wasn't willing to get help with her problems. Nevertheless, the storyline was terrific, and I am so pleased I bought this book.
on 28 October 2014
Five stars all the way, for second book in the series (Grant Country) Another excellent written thriller from Karin Slaughter who keeps you on the edge,what will transpire next!! The story line is excellent with all the of the characters and Slaughter keeps you wondering about Sara & Jeffrey will they or won't they??? She also reverts back to other events in the series so you always know what is going on having read previous ones!! Going to start number 3
on 3 June 2017
Re read this after a gap of about 6-7 years, I didn't think it would be possible. But this is even better the second time around. Thanks Karin looking forward to reading the rest of the series for the second time.
on 3 May 2011
This was not as gripping as Blindsighted but it is still OK. It started very strong with Tolliver killing a schoolgirl and then an investigation into what drove her to attempt to kill another schoolkid. The mid section is a bit long and drawn out and too much on personalities of Sara Linton and Lena Adams. Perhaps I am critical as I have read this out of sequence having read the more recent Grant County episodes already. Overall, you need to read Kisscut if you want to track all the characters but I found this the weaker novel in the series.
on 5 March 2018
I love reading these stories. The characters are so human you bond with them deeply. The plotlines are good and again the reveal is done well
on 30 March 2018
Never expected this book to be about such an emotive subject. Storyline was gripping and we'll handle. How can this sort of thing he going on. Some really sick people out there.
on 27 August 2015
Extremely gritty and real. If you can stomach that, then this book is the crime novel you are looking for!
These books keep me up until the late hours I just can't put them down. The characters are fantastic you really grow to care about them and their town. Not one boring dip in the novel. Excellent storytelling