Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 March 2003
Contains every single Mrs Pepperpot story you can find! great reading for kids. I remember reading some of these stories as a child and I have still enjoyed them just as much whilst reading them to my son. Humourous and entertaining, I'll give it a five star rating.
on 29 November 2002
This collection is full of enchanting adventures about the little woman herself. I read these stories as a child and bought this collection for my daughter - I insisted on reading it first and couldn't put it down!
These stories are timeless classics which will be enjoyed by all ages and are especially entertaining to read aloud to younger children.
I haven't came across a child yet that hasn't enjoyed Mrs Pepperpots escapades.
on 2 June 2003
Mrs Pepperpot is a classic childrens tale that can be enjoyed over and over again. This publication includes many different adventures as Mrs Pepperpot shrinks down to the size of a pepperpot. Great for parents to read to younger children or older children to read themselves it will bring their imaginations alive.
on 29 January 2002
Having read these stories as I child, I was thrilled to see them still available. My 8 year old son is thoroughly enjoying this book, having read the first 52 pages in one go!
The stories are light, simple, short and keep him reading to the end of every story. He loved the idea of Mrs Pepperpot shrinking to 4 inches high, with the cat cleaning dishes, the dog cleaning windows and having 30 pancakes for tea all in the first story! I have finally found a book that keeps him amused!
The stories are short enough for my child to stay interested, and easy enough for him to read alone.
on 8 June 2006
If you want excitment and the unexpected then read the Mrs Pepperpot stories by Alf Proysen!

Mrs Pepperpot is an old lady and she shrinks to the size of a pepperpot. I like Mrs Pepperpot because she is kind and helpful. I also like Hannah because she is cute,cuddly and helpful.

The story is set at Mrs Pepperpot's house the day before Christmas and Mrs Pepperpot is putting her Christmas decorations up. A couple of hours later a girl knocks on the door. It is a kind loving girl called Hannah asking for some Christmas decorations. Then the adventures really begin!

The author's style is funny and he has put lots of good vocabulary in it.

I would recomend it to everybody.
on 27 April 2007
I read this book as a child and adored it. Now that my son is starting to read I offered to him. He can't put the book down and each night having read a couple of chapters he's eager to find out what the next adventure could be.

A WONDERFUL BOOK - HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT
on 19 March 2003
I loved Mrs Pepperpot as a child so I was thrilled to find this very reasonably priced collection of Mrs P tales to read to my 6 yr old daughter. She's a keen reader but I find the book too cumbersome and thus it is more suited for reading aloud to a child. It has certainly given her a taste for the individual books which she has tracked down at the library. A keen priced introduction to the magical world of Mrs P.
on 18 December 2014
A big thank you to all reviewers who put in the age of the child for whom these delightful stories are bought. I'm about to give my six-year-old great-granddaughter a copy, simply because my children - far too many years ago to remember their ages! - loved the stories back in the 1960s. I may have to update this when Santa has taken the book to my six-year-old!
on 30 April 2016
My children love the stories but I had forgotten how old they were. Most of them are harmless but there are lots of references to what a good housewife does as well as a bit of casual racism about the Chinese. Have used this as a bit of a history lesson!