Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 September 2013
A marvelously inventive storyteller at his best. He will never win prizes for his prose, but he makes you think(and laugh).
on 24 February 2014
Stephenson's magnum opus. I always refer back to this one whenever I'm asked what my best read was/is.
Life changing.
on 28 July 2014
This is an outstanding book. Its long and often dense but hugely rewarding and very funny as well. Strongly recommended !
on 5 October 2015
Funny, informative and thought-provoking, a masterpiece. Read 'The Baroque Cycle' once you'v finished this.
on 12 December 2015
I cannot remember how many times I have read this. I can think of no higher praise. His best, to date.
on 30 November 2013
this was a present for my husband and he loved it it was one of the things he most wanted would recomend
on 30 September 2015
Possibly one of the best books I have ever read -- or maybe that was any one of the Baroque Trilogy.
on 13 February 2016
As usual Neal Stephenson delivers fact and fiction in tandem with imagination and thought....
on 31 August 2014
I loved this - though it pales into insignificance by comparison to the Baroque Cycle.
on 5 December 2015
Re-reading it for the fourth time. That kind of days it all, doesn't it?