What more can you say about what is a classic children's book? When my now twenty-one year old eldest son was a nipper, I had to read this to him over and over again, and do suitably monstrous sound effects when the 'Wild Things' do their dance. It works because of its simplicity, and its underlying charm, as well as the originality of its illustrations. It was clearly an influence on 'The Mighty Boosh', too, if you wanna get cross-cultural about it.
on 6 February 2017
One of the greatest books ever written and illustrated for young, emotional/upset/frightened/angry /rebellious children, who need to go through these feelings and come out the other side having learnt that everything is OK, and everyone still loves them, normality is still there .

I had this book for my children, they had it for their children and now my GREAT Grandchildren are loving it…EVERY HOME with a young child should have this ONE book
on 7 September 2016
I love this book as it is from my childhood. I got it at such a great price on here that I couldn't resist. It is a gift for my 12 month old son so he can grow with this great book. The quality of the book is also very high as the pages are nice and thick. Storyline is just fantastic and so worth a bed time read. The delivery was so fast and packaging was great. I am so please with this book and highly recommend it for any person or family!
on 31 March 2017
Really good for the whole family, children loved it and we actually thought it was rather fab and was very much involved when this came out
on 14 May 2017
This is another book that all parents should get for their children. The illustrations are pure magic, with a lot of detail, and the sentiments expressed are very good.
on 20 March 2017
My favourite children book. I read it to my friend's daughter all the time
on 15 May 2017
Brought as a present - exactly what I purchased, thank you!
on 14 April 2017
Item as described. Fast delivery. Thank you!
on 9 March 2015
I love, love, love this book. I read it to my daughter when she was little, and I bought this one for my oldest grandchild. He loves the book, too. For world book day, he wanted to dress up as Max, so my daughter made a wonderful handmade costume for him and he won first prize for best costume!
on 24 July 2017
Quirky, surreal, a little dark and an empowering book for children. It's wonderfully written and beautifully illustrated by the author. This paperback edition is well bound and printed on thick and high quality paper. An all time classic that I highly recommend