on 20 November 2016
Wouldn't mind a book 2. Most enjoyable. The old Grisham has resurfaced. Will be sharing this with all friends and acquaintances.as soon as possible.
on 21 January 2016
What else can you say about John Grisham's books, they are well written, great characters and disturbing storylines. I enjoy all his titles.
on 1 March 2002
I enjoyed the story and some comments on our society of large tort cases. The characters were well developed in most cases. It was a short enough read and good story telling by an expert. Recommend to read.
on 12 November 2016
This is the very first book I read by this author and it got me hooked. After that I read all his books at the time.
on 11 July 2008
I'm unsure why this book has gotten such terrible previous reviews - OK, I have no Grisham comparison (as this was my time time reading him) but I thoroughly enjoyed the novel.

The story carried me along and kept me guessing, while the characters were engaging and uncomplecated (which can often be the bookfall of so many books - too many characters and not enough story to support them all). I personally found the leisurely pace pleasant and found the ending quite interesting and alittle unexpected.

I admit that there wasn't huge amounts to the story, it was very one-themed, but the overall concept was fun and twisted and turned nicely throughout. My only single complaint would be that it was written like a movie script - you could almost imagine it on the 'big screen', it would translate perfectly, which is perhaps why it wasn't too challenging on the whole.

This was my first Grisham and won't be my last, however that said I won't be going out of my way to purchase his latest read but will grab an earlier book if I see one in my local charity shop!!
on 6 February 2017
Too a good book. Shame. It's as though writer lost interest in the story and wound it up in just a few pages.
on 17 September 2015
His writing seems to have become rather tired and stereotypical in terms of plot development
on 16 December 2015
Rather long winded middle section. Persevered but nearly gave up. Good twist at the end.
on 13 November 2015
very readable.
on 4 March 2016
Love John Grishams books always read the newest ones when i can afford them