Customer reviews

Mrs Armitage on Wheels
Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 June 2009
A hilarieous story about the amazing mrs Armitage and her brillant dog Breakspear. She was a faulous inventer to her bike but what happens next....

This book is very popular and outstanding. Quentin Blake is a very very good illustraton and author. I give it 5 out of 5. Anthony B
on 19 June 2009
Mrs Armitage is with her dog Breakspear on her bike. She add's too much stuff to her bike. Guess what happens?
This is an outstanding,halanous book. This has to be the best of Quentin Blake's book's. I like it because it had wondrous illustrations. I give it 5 out of 5. Christopher.
on 6 December 2011
Mrs Armitage and Breakspear are hilarious characters. I would recommend it to my friends because it is an amazing book. Mrs Armitage turns her bike into an eye catching bike. My favourite part is when she crashes. I give it 5 out of 5!
Review by Christopher, age 8

I like this book because it's a funny book and it's about a lady called Mrs Armitage and she keeps putting stuff on her bike, like a seat for Breakspear! The best part of the book is a hilarious bit when she crashes because she has a lot of stuff on her bike! I definitely would recommend it to a friend of mine because I would say it's an astonishing book for kids and grown-ups. I give this book an excellent 5 out of 5. I like when my teacher reads it to our class. It's just a marvellous book for children to read!
Review by Niamh, age 7
on 19 June 2009
One day Mrs Armitage and Breakspear went on a weird trip around the country side and puts a lot of objects on the bike. Why did she put a lot of objects on her bike?

This is a hilarious book because Mrs Armitage makes me laugh so i give it 5 out of 5. Megan
on 19 June 2009
Mrs Armitage and breakspear go on a crazy bike ride. Read on to find out what happens along the way.
This book is amazing and it has fabulous illustrations. We give it a 5 out of 5. Natasha
This story is about Mrs Armitage and her dog Breakspear going on a bicycle ride for a picnic.

When Mrs Armitage and her dog set off on their journey its not too long before things start to happen. Her chain comes off the bike and she needs to find water. She slowly starts to add different things to her bike including a picnic basket, three horns and a hand washing station. The bike soon turns into an unusual contraption.

We think this book is funny, interesting and a good read.

We would recommend this book for children ages 5 to 9.
on 19 June 2009
Mrs Armitage is on her bike but this is beter than ever and don't
forget Brakespeare the dog.A brill book by Quentin blake.I Give it
a 5 out of 5.Jack T
This book is an entertaining tale about a woman who is very inventive and extremely eccentric! It tells the story of Mrs Armitage and her dog Breakspear on a day out cycling. Mrs Armitage has lots of creative ideas to improve her bicyle which have hilarious consequences.

We think Quentin Blake's unique style of illustration brings the story to life with his wild and imaginative pictures.

A definite hit, we think this book will be best enjoyed by 4-9 year olds and hope that you enjoy it as much as we did.
on 19 June 2009
A witty story about Mrs Armitage and her faithful dog Breakspear. This Quentin Blake book is marvellous I give it 4 out of 5. Callum P
on 25 March 2015
Adorable. I love Quentin Blake's books. We got this from the library once and hired it again and again. My daughter and I were both disappointed when it wasn't available, so now I have bought it and we will treasure it forever.

The story is fantastic and so funny. Personally I think it's the best out of the series of three Mrs Armitage books.