Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 August 2013
The first of Claire Chambers books I've read, but it won't be the last. A nostalgic tale of growing up in two very different households, with very different characters-all likeable in their own way. Highly recommend.
on 17 June 2015
First time I ever read one of Chambers pieces and couldn't get enough. An easy, witty and absorbing book worthy of more recognition- would definitely recommend!
on 11 November 2011
Quite simply one of the best books I have ever read. Full of great characters and a touching story. Loved In a Good Light but this was even better.
on 17 August 2015
Same feeling as "In a good light", beautifully construsted, spare story telling, with that gentle touch of humour. Will read it again.
on 28 February 2000
An enthralling tale of love and loss. The story has believable characters which convincingly portray the chaos of human emotions.
on 14 June 2014
My first Clare Chambers book and I found it to be a great read ... would definitely recommend and will buy her books again.
on 29 January 2015
I really couldn't put this book down. One of the best books I have read _ I thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 28 September 2009
I purchased this from Amazon based purely on the reviews, and possibly because of that misjudged the 'genre'. I found the book highly entertaining, however I was extremely disappointed at the overwrought and improbable ending in the last few chapters which moved it rapidly from quality character study to trashy romance. A bit of a let down, when far more believable and interesting conclusions were possible.
on 20 June 2016
She is my new favourite author. Witty and charming read.
on 9 May 2016
Original story that kept me gripped. Highly recommend.