The Food Of Italy
Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 August 2017
Gorgeous writing, great photos. Teaches you so much about Italy. Recipes require you to know a bit about basic techniques for cooking but are authentic and varied. Claudia Roden is always worth it.
on 5 September 2017
Lovely book, enjoyed it and the delicious recipes
on 23 October 2013
This is a wonderful book which I picked up on Amazon cheaply (the original brilliant Sunday Times mag series of the 80s(?) with even more great photos I kept in cuttings for years).. Claudia Rosen went all over Italy responding to the different regions with her enthusiasm, curiosity and search for authenticity. The research prompted working recipes full of love and knowledge and taste. For example: 'chicken with peppers', she tags as an old Roman recipe, taking you back centuries. Recipe has simple ingredients, is easy and very delicious. This book is THE star on my shelf of Italian cookbooks. PUblishers should re-issue.
on 31 May 2014
I am absolutely thrilled with this hardback edition of a book I have in paperback which is beginning to fall apart from long usage. This book is beautifully presented with lovely colour photos of some of the dishes. It really is one of the best cookery books around and one I turn to again and again.
on 12 March 2016
A wonderful book, with invaluable historical and regional cuisine information. Am delighted with it and shall be trying the recipes soon!
on 18 November 2014
I have many Italian cookery books, most of them excellent, so I have been surprised at how often I turn first to this one particularly when I am looking for a classic Italian dish or accompaniment.
on 15 July 2015
This book makes an offer to my taste buds which I will gladly accept especially the granitas and the icecreams
on 3 May 2015
Very pleased with this book. I've got several of Claudia Roden's books, all of which are excellent. She's one of the best cookery book authors around. Superb.
on 21 October 2014
We've enjoyed the first edition for some time; When I discovered this new release I was so inspired by the pictures that support the recipes I purchased it as a wedding present for a friend and then another for myself. My friend's new wife is Italian and they're both thrilled by the book. Claudi Roden researches and presents to perfection.
on 10 August 2016