Customer reviews

on 18 January 2005
I really do like this book. I do believe it to be it one of Douglas Reeman finer moments. I can really feel the bleakness and desperation of the German people/military in this book. I do not think that anyone could highlight the awful futility of war, yet the necessity of duty any finer. A very fine read!!
on 4 March 2014
I have been reading these books since I was 16 and can say that as a pensioner now,it was not one of his greatest.it was hard to get to grips with the characters roles and names. Usually the his happens fairly quickly. I will always rate this author as one of a very few of the best. Maybe it was just the approach and composition which I am not used to,reference the characters and role.Maybe there was not enough of the real action balancing out the background of the overall story.I look forwards to more of the norm in future.
on 30 September 2015
Douglas Reeman is a great author of second world war maritime books. Gripping and a book you just can not put down...
on 8 December 2014
You can see the reason for WW2 by the backgrouncd of this tale of pointless pride of a culture that still lives
on 28 January 2015
An interesting one this, first word war and a side to the german commander I was not expecting.
on 24 November 2016
Not read yet, bought to completer a collection of Douglas Reeman books.
on 27 June 2016
Typical Reeman blood & gutsy naval tale.
on 12 March 2015