Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 16 October 2014
Mr. Faulks captures the Wodehouse style completely. The comparisons made to persons and happenings mythical and biblical are so Bertie Wooster. The true Wooster reader will thoroughly enjoy this, but the conclusion is so different to that which one might expect!
on 7 February 2014
I gave this book to my husband for Christmas. He is a P.G. Wodehouse officiando, and had read good reviews of this tome. He was very impressed by it. S. Faulks has taken great pains to write a first-class book but not as a pastiche. We both highly recommend it.
on 28 September 2014
Lovely book, both a faithful tribute and taking these beloved characters into new but utterly satisfying and moving territory. For much of the time, you forget it's not Wodehouse. Sebastian Faulks has done an amazing job. A joyous book, highly recommended.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2016
Truly excellent imitation and continuation of what are some of my favourite novels. I bought this a long time ago but it has taken me ages to get used to reading on a kindle, I wish I had not taken so long to get to this as it was truly enjoyable.
on 12 January 2014
Was very pleasantly surprised by how close to Wodehouse' style of writing this was. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down! I enjoyed every moment and was delighted by the twists and turns and the ending was sublime! Highly recommend!
on 25 August 2014
I love Jeeves and Wooster and this book is true to Woodehouse I have always wanted the perfect outcome and it does now I want to read more. So Sebastian Faulks, please take up the pen and give us more. I hear Laurie and Fry in every word.
on 11 January 2014
As a long term fan of the writings of P. G. Wodehouse I was at first intrigued by anyone attempting to extend the canon, but This author certainly knows his stuff !
If you too are interested, then this book will also intrigue you.
on 28 December 2015
I bought this for my Mother and as she has read all of the PG Wodehouse books before, she was not very impressed with this. Se said the over use of the 'Jeeves and Wooster' language was far too prominent and put her off the narrative.
on 21 August 2015
Think Sebastian Faulks did a great job in recreating his version of Jeeves. Even more enjoyable than P.G. Wodehouse. What a delightful book.
Had me chuckling all the way through, and nice to round it off with a happy ending.
on 12 May 2015
To find a "New Wodehouse" is an unthinkable luxury; hats off to the W society for commissioning the book and a round of applause, or two, to the author for capturing the spirit and humour of the original master. Brilliant.