Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 January 2013
I started this book this morning and just couldn't put it down. It is quite short and that is my only negative - I wish it was much longer because I just Loved the characters. Bliss was funny and I liked her a lot. Usually the h usually does something that has me frustrated or annoys me, but not Bliss, I would love to read more about her. I do love a good bad boy and have read a lot of books about them lately but Garrick isn't one (well unless you count wanting to have a relationship with a student of his ;-) ) but I still found him incredibly loveable. Although this book isn't very angsty, there is a misunderstanding and another potential relationship, along with Bliss' conflicted feelings to keep it an interesting read.

LOVED IT and will definitely be looking for more books from this author - Cora please just make them a little longer next time to prolong my enjoyment!
on 11 February 2014
I know what I'm about to say appears in most of my reviews on here but it just has to be said...again! This book is brilliant! I obviously have great taste when it comes to picking books? Either that or I'm just easily pleased :)

I've read a few books covering the whole student/teacher forbidden love and this is defiantly on par with `When summer ends' which is another fab story covering this tricky subject. I was completely drawn into the story and instantly fell in love with both Bliss and Garrick. The fact that Garrick is British was an added bonus, although, I don't think us Brits call people `love' as much as Garrick does? But hey ho, maybe he's from somewhere a bit posher than me :p

Bliss is a college student in her final months at school but she's also hiding a big secret from her friends...she's still a virgin. She decides it's time to get rid of her v plates and hits a bar with her best friend Kelsey on a man hunt...cue Garrick! After an instant attraction and a few drinks for dutch courage, Bliss goes home with him. Sparks fly between them but before anything else can happen, Bliss bottles it and makes a quick exit after using some lame excuse about her sick cat (be prepared for a laugh out loud moment). The next morning Bliss just wants to forget the whole thing and clings onto the hope that she'll never bump into the gorgeous guy she left in her bed the night before! Little does she know that this is only just the beginning...the next day at school during her theatre class, in walks Garrick as her new teacher! AHHHH!

Before discovering `Losing it' I'd never come across anything by Cora Carmack but I will defiantly be looking out for other books by her. I know she's continued this series but focusing on other characters from the book and I will be purchasing my next instalment very soon! I would defiantly recommend this book - go by it now :)
on 21 August 2013
This book had been on my TRB list for a while, I had a friend who had read it and loved it, it was just waiting for me to find that time to read it. Also, due to some great book offers in my local bookshop I had this one in paperback. So when I luckily to get a chance with some other bloggers to meet the Author Cora Carmack at a private book signing, I knew I had to bump this book to the top of my TRB list. I really enjoyed it.

I loved the Bliss Edwards and Garrick Taylor. Bliss (great name) I felt was sweet and funny, just a normal girl with insecurities that every girl her age would have. I loved the development of her character throughout the book and was a lot more confident in the end. Garrick well what can I say a fellow Brit how was I not going to like him, he was a good guy a real charmer, a true gentleman, and the more I read the more I loved this character without a doubt he is very swoon worthy.

"An accent. HE HAD A BRITISH ACCENT. Dear God, I was dying". ~ Bliss

I enjoyed the storyline; it was a cute love story, low on the drama, it was a fun easy read, which I wish would have been longer. I can't tell you how many times that this book made me laugh out loud, and remember this was a paperback copy, so I was reading it on the bus to and from work, and I have to say I got some funny looks from my fellow travelers.

Bliss and Garrick relationship not easy forbidden love and all, but I felt it was realistic, I can see how it could happen and does happen, it hasn't' happened to me, my male teachers were way too old.;) I love the chemistry, the banner between the two, the award moment of their first meeting and Bliss's shock when she sees Garrick the next day and discover who he is. Their attraction is such that even when they tried to stay away from each other can't theses two were such a cute couple.

I love the ending you know me I loved a great epilogue that leaves me with a big fat grin on my face and this was one of them, I wasn't disappointed, and the bonus was that it was told from Garrick's point of view. It was a lovely ending to Bliss and Garrick story. I love Cora Carmack's writing style, and I have become a fan. I would recommend this book, I don't think you will be disappointed and I'm for one looking forward to reading the next one in the series Faking It.
on 7 June 2013
Bliss is 22 and feels she is too old to be a virgin so she lets her friends talk her into going out for the sole purpose of getting laid. Turns out the guy she takes home is her new professor - awkward! So they have to ignore their feelings for one another ('cos you know - his job) and get on with it. But of course, that's an impossibility.

I have mixed feelings about this book. On one hand, the story is actually quite good with the whole one night stand turns out to be quite embarrassing when you realise you have to face the guy all the time now. But on the other hand, it adds to the stigma of being an older virgin. I realise that's probably not what the author was doing (or at least, I bloody hope she wasn't) but it's still a weird storyline.

Bliss is a "meh" leading lady, she honestly didn't make that much of an impression on me. Garrick (what?!?) is a decent (if slightly possessive) leading man - what annoyed me was that the author described him as British at the beginning and it took a while before we found out what she meant by that. I like to have a character's voice in my head but I didn't know which accent he should have so it was weird for me.

All in all, the book was OK. I might give the next one a read - at least it's not about being ashamed of being a virgin and feeling the need to screw a random stranger so ... bonus!
on 13 May 2015
This is a sweet story that had me giggling at times. Its a sweet story where a college student has confessed to her best friend that she is a virgin, so her best friend takes her out to get rid of her v-card.

Bliss meets Garrick and has night where she runs out from her apartment with him naked, but when she see's him again, she finds out that he is her new professor.

The attraction sizzles between the two and even though the relationship should not go ahead, both find themselves struggling to keep themselves apart.

With friends both there and making things a little more difficult at times she has Garrick when she needs him most. However Bliss is her own worst enemy and she has a tendency to ruin things.

It is only when they come down ill that things really change and we get our HEA.
on 2 December 2013
Losing It is about MC Bliss Edwards, she is in the final stretch of her college course and is currently the owner of one thing that all of her friends have given away - her virginity. She is determined to find herself, and lose this one last piece of adolescence before the college term is over. She gets close to conquering the challenge when she meets British Garrick in a local bar, but when it turns out Garrick is her tutor for her final classes, she's immediately glad she didn't do the deed.

I loved Bliss from the start, I'm just going to put that out there. I loved how shy and reserved she was, but I also loved how equally determined she was to accomplish this one thing that she felt was holding her back. When Bliss firsts meets Garrick she thinks she is on to a winner. In him, she thinks she has found a no strings attached one night stand to help her divest herself of her virginity. It all gets too much for her as she realises exactly what she is about to do and puts a stop to it. Her situation is not unique, and as this is a New Adult romance novel there could potentially be lots of older teenagers - young 20s facing the same, I don't want to use the word problem, but, dilemma and it's something absolutely everyone goes through at some point in their life. Bliss's situation makes it really easy to identify with her, and imagine yourself in her shoes, or relive the whole experience again.

After shooing Garrick out of her flat that night, Bliss goes to college only to discover that he is going to be her tutor for her last classes at college. Garrick struck me right from the beginning as polite and charming, but with a bit of a naughty streak. He is older than Bliss which gives him this exciting edge and also suggests some more experience in matters of the heart.

The tension crackles between both characters as soon as they see one another again, you can almost feel the static coming off the pages (or kindle, or iPad). The more they try to avoid one another the more they are pushed together and the inevitable happens, the tension becomes too much and they finally begin to act upon their feelings. I love the romance that pulsed through this story, the feelings each character has for the other are really prominent. Even though the story is only told from Bliss's point of view, the dialogue she has with Garrick and her perspective of his actions let you know how he is feeling.

There are a few other supporting characters, Cade and Kelsey, Bliss's best friends. I kind of thought Cade was like a big puppy dog, happy to be friends with everyone but a bit sappy, and I didn't really have that much love for Kelsey. Her outgoing attitude seemed to contradict Bliss's and at this point I was team Bliss all the way!

This is a great book, absolutely full of romance and the style that Cora has written it with is so appealing and funny and so makes it very easy to read and enjoy, almost as if Bliss was telling me the story directly and not through the pages of a book.

Loved it.
on 27 July 2013
I read this book in one reading session. I just couldn't put it down.

I liked Bliss. She is clumsy and she gibbers unbelievable amounts of nonsense which makes for an entertaining - and at times hilariously cringe-worthy - read.

Garrick is... Oh my. He is gorgeous and sweet and patient and simply wonderful. He is also British which seems to be a big thing since Bliss is fixated on it... Being British I don't get the fascination with the accent but * shrugs * to each their own.

The relationship between the two is real. There are no insane dramas, disturbing pasts, major explosions, deep dark secrets... Don't think I'm saying this story is boring - it's not - I just mean that this story is simply a story about two people meeting and falling in love and it's wonderful.

This is the second book I have read by this author and I really like her. She writes nice guys and makes them sexy. It's a nice change from the norm in the New Adult genre which seems to feature a lot of "man-whores" being reformed by their "special ladies"...

I'll definitely be reading "Keeping Her" the Garrick and Bliss novella that is coming soon and anything else this author releases.

4 out of 5 stars!
on 15 June 2014
I found this book to be very humorous and it is definitely a book I will not forgot. It tells the story of Bliss, who still a virgin at 22 is ready to lose it and goes to a bar to find someone to lose it with. Enter Garrick. He is the perfect man to help with her situation.. but theres a catch. He's her Professor which as you've guessed makes things just a tad awkward. Whats a girl to do now eh?

I really enjoyed the writing and the storyline quite a bit and the added humour brought it a nice freshness and laughs that I love to find in books. There were some rushed bits for me and in some places I was dragging my attention away a little bit but overall a very good and enjoyable read!
on 12 June 2013
Loved this story. I enjoyed the style of writing and some parts were laugh out loud funny. Hamlet is a star in her own right. Garrick and Bliss are great characters and I was delighted to see there is a novella coming out about them.Although this story had a good ending and there was no dreaded cliffhanger, I like the idea of hearing more about them. I am about to start Cade's story 'Faking It' . I took a leaf out of Bliss' book and did my own happy dance when I realised Cade was getting his own story. He is as much a hero as Garrick. I am giving this book 5 stars because it is well written, a good mix of romance , humour and tension , it finishes well and naturally leads to a next book in a good way without leaving you feeling frustrated at the final chapter. This is a keeper that I would read again. Highly recommend for all you romantics out there!
on 14 February 2013
I have eagerly awaited this book since I saw it recommended by Maryse, on her blog. She's my "go to" for recommended reads, but this fell short.

It lacks character development, firstly. The boundary of teacher and pupil just isn't as clear cut as it is in say, Colleen Hoovers' novel SLAMMED. There doesn't seem to be the anticipation of touch, glance etc There are other characters which are sidenotes, no back story or depth.

It's all sadly a bit wet. It didn't feel like a great romance, it wasn't erotica, there was no twist to the story.
I did particularly love how she got a cat to back up her story though, very amusing and actually the scenes where they first meet in the bar are very well done, but that was the best part and it petered out from there for me.

Overall, the writing is good, it flows well and had no grammatical errors, which I detected. It's an easy read and isn't a waste of money, but it didn't move me in any way and that's kind of what I like in a novel.